Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
NICE!

You gonna go for it? I've heard bad things about Hodbodies fitment in the past, so I don't wanna be the guinea pig :D

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I use their stuff on my 250. The fitment isn't bad, they're just thin.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I'll probably just wait then for your review. Gonna start saving for it. Want to get it and paint it before May.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Here's an initial mock-up design I made quick. Of course, color isn't perfect - the green spots will be Kawasaki Green. The black will be Ebony black, and the white will be a gloss white.

Whatcha guys think? Probably not going to be the final design

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not bad. I like it. Mine will be similar to my 250's paint job.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Let's see some pics! ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
So you guys don't plan driving it on the street? Mainly for track?

I like the kit but its my everyday bike and I do plan on tracking it but ill just go with the tape they required lol.

GLWS let us know how it fits and post some pics.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
So you guys don't plan driving it on the street? Mainly for track?
When you get used to it, you can swap out street fairings and race fairings pretty quickly. I can take my street fairings off my R6 in 30 minutes, and race fairings (A whole ~3-4 pieces) can even take less time to put on.

If you go down on the track, your street fairings will cost mucho dinero to replace them, while track fairings (depending on the quality) will get rashed up - but they're track fairings, and should survive more than one fall.

If you plan to do track days consistently, I'd definitely recommend saving up for a set of track fairings.

Peanut, that paint pattern looks really good. I have to do mainly black because I won't be repainting the tank since the street setup will still be used for my father, but I definitely like the more color in it, rather than so much black.

Odd question but, where did you get your custom windscreen name stickers from?

On a side note, Peanut, I noticed your signature on the KawiForum was lacking "flash" so I made this for you...

Reactions: Peanut_EOD

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you get used to it, you can swap out street fairings and race fairings pretty quickly. I can take my street fairings off my R6 in 30 minutes, and race fairings (A whole ~3-4 pieces) can even take less time to put on.

If you go down on the track, your street fairings will cost mucho dinero to replace them, while track fairings (depending on the quality) will get rashed up - but they're track fairings, and should survive more than one fall.

If you plan to do track days consistently, I'd definitely recommend saving up for a set of track fairings.

Peanut, that paint pattern looks really good. I have to do mainly black because I won't be repainting the tank since the street setup will still be used for my father, but I definitely like the more color in it, rather than so much black.

Odd question but, where did you get your custom windscreen name stickers from?

On a side note, Peanut, I noticed your signature on the KawiForum was lacking "flash" so I made this for you...
It looks great! How do I use it?

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the stickers from Chris Kruzel. He does most of the AMA Pro riders stickers. Check out his stuff drippinwet.com

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
To use the signature, just right click the picture and copy image location. Or just copy the URL here: simplysurrealphotography.com/images/peanut2.png (Just put the http://www. in front)

Then edit your signature and wrap the URL with the tags, like you would when you show pictures in a post.

Only, for now, this forum doesn't allow IMG code in signatures unlike KawiForums, and basically all the others. Hopefully Stew will change that soon :)

DrippinWet! That's it! I've heard of him before but couldn't remember the name. Thanks

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The best way to order is to just call him up and tell him what you want. He also designs the stickers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Yep, I've seen his designs. Pretty talented stuff! I definitely have a lot of more important priorities to attend to first, but I bookmarked him ;)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
My question for tracking the 300.. You cant race it in any category correct??? So you just take it to an open track day correct??

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wrong. Every race organization has their own classes and rules. I race with the MRA and race my 250 in 4 different classes. The 300 is legal for all except one of those.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 37 Posts