Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently fitted a set of Hella Supertone horns to my Kawasaki Ninja 300, here's a short set of photos showing how I mounted them in case someone else is stuck for ideas.

These horns are utterly massive, dual 300/500hz horns that demand a dedicated power feed.

I shortened the mounting bracket using a dremel rotary tool and a stepped drill bit. This helps to position the horns closer to the bottom of the radiator.

I took out the two center bolts from the bottom of the radiator (you can only do very small spanner movements here) and removed the metal clip/nut and inverted the direction of the bolt into a threaded hex extension. The horns are actualy sitting 45 degrees to ensure clearance from the exhaust.

Ran a new fused power feed (15 amp), and wired up a relay as per a diagram in this thread.

Final appearance

·
Registered
630 Posts
That looks sick.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Nice upgrade! I would love this because the stock horn is more "Excuse Please" and these look like they might be more "Get the Hell Out of the Way!"

-Vorax
exactly! this is why i have a Stebel Nautilus compact airhorn mounted to my ride. cagers think they are about to be flattened by a truck when i press on the switch:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
I placed a set of those on my old M109R Boulevard and people in cars FREAK OUT!!!!! Excellent mod that one.
it sure is. its awesome to watch their eyes go as big as dinner plates & then to shock when they see a motorcycle & not a truck like they were expecting, lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.