Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the future I am planning to add a slip on exhaust, and a high flow air filter. My motivation is mostly for appearance and sound, with minor performance improvements as a bonus. However I don't want to sacrifice fuel economy in the process.

Can I do these modifications without causing the bike to run too lean? Or will I need to tune it with something like a fuel controller? Or would the fuel injection just adjust accordingly? Would I have to visit a dyno to make sure the map is ok for fuel economy?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I doubt it. Not that a fuel controller wouldn't maximize the two mods but those two aren't enough to throw off the AF to the point where it's dangerous to run with the controller.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Reading threads on the CBR250 boards and the international Ninja 250R boards (both are EFI) it looks like people do intake a slip on without a tune with no issues, lot of people say a tune really dropped their MPG for a almost unnoticeable amount of power increase so they just put the tune back to stock, tune wise that is..

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was doing some reading on some forums with larger displacement bikes with carburetors and it seemed like some people were rejetting with just a new pod style air filter. Is this just because they are larger displacement? Or because they didn't have fuel injection?

Just trying to wrap my mind around how this all works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.