Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to change the lights on my 300, to blue or white. Has anyone in NY or NJ been pulled over or given hard time for them? I get enough issues with my G35 and cops :cool:

·
Registered
865 Posts
stick to white.better safe than sorry, blue technically illegal. and.... why bother giving the cops an excuse to pull you over

Reactions: LadyNinja13

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I keep the blue on my G since I have a copy cat in my town, the only things that keep me apart is my rims,system,exhaust. I just can't stand being pulled over on my bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks I keep the blue on my G since I have a copy cat in my town, the only things that keep me apart is my rims,system,exhaust. I just can't stand being pulled over on my bike.
Copying is a form of flattery, be proud. Also, I'm of the opinion that blue lights are more dangerous as well, so I am against them.

I used to ride back and forth to work at night every day, and my eyes are already extremely sensitive to light, and whenever someone came around with the blue HIDs I was pretty much effectively blinded. I know most people who have them don't think about those kind of consequences, but just throwing it out there as food for thought.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Please don't be ignorant and use HID's in the stock housing. You make the rest of us look bad.
If you don't live near those people, it shouldn't make you look bad. Stock housing is bad enough to where you're seen better with HIDs in them :)

·
Banned
229 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't make nobody look no one need to worry about what I'm doing to my bike unless you're the one paying for it. If I do things it's done officially so let's take those .02 back to the bank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My lights on my G aren't ridiculous blue I have sensitivity to oncoming lights as well but I think ill go with the white 6000k

·
Banned
229 Posts
You should have been more clear about what HIDs you were getting

For instance 6000k or 8000k instead of white or blue

For all we knew you were putting on actual blue HIDs. Yes they do make those. Along with green, pink, etc

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Please don't slap an HID into the stock reflector housing. It's not the blue light that blinds people. its the fact that the bulb is taller and changes the angles the stock reflector will shoot the light back at. But yea, the blue is not as effective for lighting anyways. Either way, please use a projector setup to properly focus your beam away from traffic, and provide effective lighting at night

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
I don't make nobody look no one need to worry about what I'm doing to my bike unless you're the one paying for it. If I do things it's done officially so let's take those .02 back to the bank.
I have HID's, I am not hating on them themselves as they are a great advancement. My problem is the fact that you will blind oncoming drivers because you cheaped out and went with a hid bulb into a housing built for a halogen bulb. Buy a projector setup and do it right. You increase your level of visibility and don't cause possible danger to others on the road.

You are no different from the douche bag guys in lifted trucks with those that i guarantee have blinded you before with their HIDs in stock housings.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have HID's, I am not hating on them themselves as they are a great advancement. My problem is the fact that you will blind oncoming drivers because you cheaped out and went with a hid bulb into a housing built for a halogen bulb. Buy a projector setup and do it right. You increase your level of visibility and don't cause possible danger to others on the road.

You are no different from the douche bag guys in lifted trucks with those that i guarantee have blinded you before with their HIDs in stock housings.
Living in Charlotte, NC for more than 4 years was absolutely miserable when it came to those trucks. These words could not be any more true.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry but I don't do half ass work on anything I own, if its done it gets done right not the cheap way out. I'm not looking to blind anyone with lights I don't do over the top anything I simply asked for an opinion as to anyone having a legal issue with it.

You don't know me so don't compare me to any douche bags you may have come across.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: cagekicker78
1 - 20 of 31 Posts