Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a new Kawasaki Ninja 300 for my first motorcycle. Have some experience riding with dirt bikes and fast quads. I prefer the quads through the woods though.

A little about myself. I am Active Duty Army stationed at Fort Eustis, VA. I am a Machinist for the Army.

I have been looking around for a Ninja 300 and been trying to decide if I want ABS or not. Is it worth the extra cost? I am looking at getting a white 300. I think it looks really clean.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If you have never ridden a sport bike or cruiser then I'd go for the abs model, one less thing to worry about if you have to do a fast stop. Cost...if it can save you from crashing, i'd say it would be worth it.
And .... Thank you for your service....

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Welcome aboard, im sure you can make a few accessories for the bike to tell us about

yes the ABS is worth it. in the wet on this bike on a back street i nailed the front/rear brakes, abs kicked in and it stayed as straight as an arrow.

i have a SE ABS, waited about 7 weeks for mine to show up, well worth the wait, i love this bike, its a lot of fun and highly under-rated

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Welcome! I personally have never had much of a problem without ABS, but I feel better knowing that it is there just in case. You never know when something unexpected might happen right? Keep in mind though that you can only get the ABS option in SE colors though for this year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! That sucks you can only get ABS in the green. I would like to have it white. I like the green don't get me wrong, but the white and black is awesome. Hopefully after a while I will be able to contribute in modifying some stuff on the motorcycle if I do find one I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts