Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Been lurking these forums for about a month and figured I should make my presence official. I am taking the MSF course the first week of May, so hopefully all goes well and I'll be riding a 300 a few weeks after that. I've never ridden any motorcycles before, but played around with ATVs and normal bmx bikes growing up..

A few friends have had bikes for years now and have been trying to talk me into it, but i am now at a point where I can get one for fun and pay it off relatively soon. Hopefully I'm as excited after taking the MSF course as I have been lurking these forums and youtube videos.

Talk to you soon, or see you on the roads!

Kevin

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, seems like a lot of newbies lurk for a while before eventually joining. you can get all your questions answered here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kevin,

You will be twice as excited after the MSF course, don't worry.

My daughter took her last year with zero bike experience (20 years old) and passed with ease...

I figured it would be a bunch of 16 year olds at the class since it's mandatory in Iowa for anyone under 18 (I'm living in North Carolina now. What part of NC are you in?), but she was the youngest person of the 8 in the class. Next youngest was a 30 year old female, oldest was a 40-something who had already went out and bought a customized Hardly with zero riding experience, and quickly realized he'd never pass the required driving test on his own bike.

At least for her class it was a very, very relaxed atmosphere and it was not difficult.

Now, I'm getting ready to enroll my 62 year old wife into a MSF course :) I thinking I'll take it with her, it can never hurt me, and even after 26+ years riding experience, I'll probably learn something.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm another rider who too a class with no experience other than my bicycle and occasional scooter ride. Passed with no mistakes. It's good to take, but I wouldn't worry :)

Welcome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks BK & Woomba. I'm feeling pretty good about it, I think my girlfriend is more nervous though, but I did tell her about some other young women who have taken the course and passed without issues. (Let her read your post above actually!) She hasn't watched any of the youtube videos out there that give advice and tips, so once she does i'm sure her confidence level will go up and more excitement will start to come out.

We live in Winston Salem by the way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks BK & Woomba. I'm feeling pretty good about it, I think my girlfriend is more nervous though, but I did tell her about some other young women who have taken the course and passed without issues. (Let her read your post above actually!) She hasn't watched any of the youtube videos out there that give advice and tips, so once she does i'm sure her confidence level will go up and more excitement will start to come out.

We live in Winston Salem by the way.
Maybe you'll see us around some time. If you see an elderly couple on a pair of 2013 Ninja's in geen/black (300 and 636) give us a wave :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts