Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow riders,

Got the 300 last December at school, and have been enjoying a new lifestyle on 2 wheels. Learning how to be a better rider slowly, and learning how to do almost all my maintenance one job at a time. Seen a couple other ninjas around the Seattle area, cool to see Im not alone.

My 300 is a 14' with now just about 26000mi on it, I bought it at 12k in December. She's a ziptie filled machine, lots of missing fairing bits and all, but running great.

Always been a forum lurker, glad to finally be a part of the site.

-Mike

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey fellow riders,

Got the 300 last December at school, and have been enjoying a new lifestyle on 2 wheels. Learning how to be a better rider slowly, and learning how to do almost all my maintenance one job at a time. Seen a couple other ninjas around the Seattle area, cool to see Im not alone.

My 300 is a 14' with now just about 26000mi on it, I bought it at 12k in December. She's a ziptie filled machine, lots of missing fairing bits and all, but running great.

Always been a forum lurker, glad to finally be a part of the site.

-Mike
:welcome3_smilie:AND ENJOY :excl: Lots of crazy, wacky people belong to this forum. :signlol: But for the most part they all have good hearts and are very Ninja knowledgeable . :smile2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it for 2k! My old house mate was selling it, and I helped him work on it since he had no automotive or moto experience with tools, so I knew how it was kept and its condition actually a great deal before buying it, so that was a confidence inspiring thing.

Might do some ebay fairings, could be a cheap way to improve the appearance and some floppy bits.
Definitely well practiced into the tight maneuvering and hill/clutch control at this point haha, but I am very much so working to improve my body positioning, smoothing out my turns, and overall being more stable.

Doesn't help that my right bar is cocked a bit too lol. May try unbending it, but likely just gonna buy a new bar since its only a hundred bucks.

Cheers.
-Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doesn't help that my right bar is cocked a bit too lol. May try unbending it, but likely just gonna buy a new bar since its only a hundred bucks.
Here's my post on my bent bar:

https://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/8-ninja-300-general-discussion/2665-what-did-you-do-your-ninja-300-today-444.html#post1706556

I'd highly recommend getting a new bar since it's already been weakend and if you try to straighten it, it'll compromise it more. If you do want to straighten, I'd definitely re-temper it. Plenty of how-to's on youtube. Be careful of some of the ebay bars, some of them are already damaged.

Have fun / be safe in the PNW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts