Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ninja 300 ABS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 2017 Ninja 300 with approx. 7400 miles from auction. I got it for a steal but the only downside is that it had no key. So I bought an aftermarket ignition. I think it goes without saying....but $50 wasted. I learned about just bypassing ignition because well I just wanted to ride already. So I did the resistor thing, changed the oil and spark plugs. I've checked all grounds and fuses. I can now hear the fuel pump priming. So when I start it it will run for a half second or enough to get two and a half purs and bam...just shuts off. But it will only start if I start it as the fuel pump is priming. Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? I just want to ride it already.

·
Registered
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
85 Posts
The key code should be on the backside of the helmet lock, but be forewarned Kawasaki used red LOCTITE, so use a heat gun to heat up the screw, before attempting to loosen it.

Then go to Keys 4 UR Ride, Everything Keys find the right blank, if you can't find it, just ask them, they will point you in the right direction.

I've used their services before, and the keys are perfect.

I should add that in know this works on older Kawasaki bikes, Ninja 500, Pre 08' etc.. but I've never done this for a Ninja 300.

I'm sure the key code is somewhere on the bike, as in most cases.

·
Registered
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
85 Posts
Did you check the tilt sensor?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have bought a 2017 Ninja 300 with approx. 7400 miles from auction. I got it for a steal but the only downside is that it had no key. So I bought an aftermarket ignition. I think it goes without saying....but $50 wasted. I learned about just bypassing ignition because well I just wanted to ride already. So I did the resistor thing, changed the oil and spark plugs. I've checked all grounds and fuses. I can now hear the fuel pump priming. So when I start it it will run for a half second or enough to get two and a half purs and bam...just shuts off. But it will only start if I start it as the fuel pump is priming. Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? I just want to ride it already.
I don't think the resistor is the correct one, or it's in the wrong position or orientation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts