Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at different styles of pants/jackets. I want to have knee pads (I have a bad knee and if[when] I drop I want to make sure that isn't more injured)

I saw "slip on pants" are they really slip on? So I can wear something underneath it and take them off when I am taking a break? Also these pants that velcro shut around my jeans? Are they any good? I will buy regular pants. But I am just wondering what you guys think?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Overpants are intended to go over whatever you're wearing. I currently have the REV'IT Axis pants and there's a zipper that runs the entire length of the pants on each side. Button snap on top to close it up or just access your pockets. Velcro strap on bottom to cinch the pant leg tight. No dragging pant legs even for my short ass! Pretty easy to take on and off. Even after you zip it up, there's another zipper to zip from the bottom should you need to reach your legs/boots. Comes with knee armor but they don't go over my knee due to my short legs so I just removed them and I wear my strap-on knee armor underneath. I really like these pants and recommend them. Only downside is that the waterproof layer is not removable so it might not be great for warmer weather. After wearing these, I would be confident in buying other REV'IT overpants with a removable liner.

·
Registered
35 Posts
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=15536

this is something i bought to protect my knees. i wear just normal straight jeans and it looks ok...if you stand there in them..not as obvious u have it until u start moving around lol. but feel protective and like them because it covers side of leg a bit too. Only got them because I would rather wear normal jeans and also don't have to worry too much about pad shifting around.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I wear some mesh over pants and love them. Can wear almost anything underneath them and the Tour Masters that I have come with a waterproof layer as well as an extra insulation layer for warmth. Best part is that both extra layers are removable and are pretty quick and easy to swap in and out. 2 buttons and a zipper up top. has foam CE armor in the hips and knees.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/908/8007/ITEM/Tour-Master-Venture-Air-Pants.aspx

The bare mesh layer is more than enough for summer with the ability to adapt to cold and wet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts