Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
i'm pretty sure that the ballast takes care of the negative (something like that). here are a few pics. you can see i have only the white wires on the positive of the lo's (well actually its a switch but its connnected to the two white wires). and i have 2 blue wires connected to the positive of the highs.

and also a pic of them lighted up.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
The high beam negative is not used for anything. tape it up and leave it alone.

you seem to have everything correct.

for the angel eyes to come on with the bike, you need to splice the red/black ccfl inverter wires into your corner lights.

plug in the plugs and see if everything works, the worst that can happen is that you will blow a fuse, or nothing will come on. nothing will get damaged.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn those look good. I want them!
The headlight disassemble is a pain in the a$$. My husband was terrified I wouldn't get it back together. I'll Post final pics once the bike is completely back together. A big THANK YOU goes out to Krispy Kreme! I had LOTS of questions about the wires and he answered them for me. :):beer::D;):cool:

I don't know that I feel closer to the bike. I do, however, feel more confident about what I can do to it. And BONUS, I can take off ALL fairings now in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I used the masking tape method to reseal my lens... Compress the len on the glue and just taped the crap of of the entire thing.. Worked great.. Then I spread a thin layer of black RTV over the seam for added water protection.

The RTV could easily be cut if the lenses needed to be baked back open.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.