Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is an odd question. I recently purchashed the Knox K-Pack backpack. I love the pack as it is very versatile and holds a lot of stuff. BUT the straps that go over my shoulders do not cinch up very tight, there is still plenty of strap, but the adjuster does not allow them to tighten past a certain point. While riding it hangs down pretty far on my back, actually resting on the backseat area. =( There is still plenty of strap, that I would like to do something with, to tighten it. I will post a pic later, but basically I was thinking of overlapping about 2 inches of the strap to shorten it. Any ideas on how to hold the overlapped pieces together? Sewing, hardware, some other suggestion?? Or maybe cutting those straps off completely and buying new straps to go around the metal rings? Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Most of the motorcycle backpacks I've seen don't cinch too tight because they were designed to be worn over a thick jacket with shoulder armor. If it cinches tight then it's very difficult to get on & off.

Some backpacks that do cinch tight have a quick release clip to make getting the pack on & off easy. So if your going to modify the backpack maybe look into adding 2 buckles to it so that it will be easier to get on & off while cinched tight?

These buckles are what I was thinking of...not sure the size would be right though:

http://www.bigdogboutique.com/productcart/pc/Upgrade-to-Metal-Buckle-p12248.htm

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It buckles in the front over my chest as well, and has another that goes around my waist. I might cut the waist one off, as it is very annoying and is not really needed. I think I'm going to try sewing about 3-4 inches of overlapping strap together to see if that raises it to a more comfortable height. If that doesnt work, I may look into cutting off those straps as well and buying shorter ones...silly that they did not make it more adjustable. Even with my jacket on, it still sits pretty low. Now I wish I had tried some on in person before I bought it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've also thought about maybe riveting parts of the strap together to keep it shorter. AND I just thought about possibly cutting off that strap and putting a nice carabiner hook on both sides to replace it...might look kinda cool and be functional too.

I would still love to hear if anyone else has any cool ideas? Maybe a chain? The backpack has to metal loops I would connect or run through to connect some other typer of strap/fastening device.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts