Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to bike riding and just broke my first mirror. I'm in the middle of replacing it with another one, but I'm really confused as to how I'm supposed to take this circular silver part off after I take off the rubber head on the mirror mount...or if im just supposed to get a whole new mirror mount in general when a mirror breaks on it. Any help would be appreciated! There's a picture attached since I feel like I'm not doing a good job describing what I'm going through right now lol.

Attachments

· Registered
453 Posts
Yea, OEM ones generally run about $50 + per side unfortunately.

· Registered
483 Posts
I bought them from this guy
http://www.ebay.com/usr/ghostdriverauto
but I don't see them listed anymore.
These look like the same ones - ours are 10mm stems
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Mini-...ing-/201357482759?hash=item2ee1d75b07&vxp=mtr

Any vibration issues with those reggae? I considered them for my wr250x, but went with a different set. The other set looks good on it, but the vibrate pretty bad which makes you have to stare at them to make sure what's going on behind you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Any vibration issues with those reggae? I considered them for my wr250x, but went with a different set. The other set looks good on it, but the vibrate pretty bad which makes you have to stare at them to make sure what's going on behind you.

Vibration was not much of a problem with them. The only problem I found is at 70+ mph and heading into a heavy wind the wind pressure would move the mirrors around. Actually they were so cheap after the first pair I ordered a second pair as back up incase they were never seen again on ebay. With the first pair I kept trying to modifiy the mirror clamp to make it hold tighter and couldnt get that to work. Actually screwed up one so replaced it with my back up pair and they seem to tighten up better. I was on I-75 the other day running for a long time in the 80 mph range and no movement of the mirrors at all.

· Registered
483 Posts
Vibration was not much of a problem with them. The only problem I found is at 70+ mph and heading into a heavy wind the wind pressure would move the mirrors around. Actually they were so cheap after the first pair I ordered a second pair as back up incase they were never seen again on ebay. With the first pair I kept trying to modifiy the mirror clamp to make it hold tighter and couldnt get that to work. Actually screwed up one so replaced it with my back up pair and they seem to tighten up better. I was on I-75 the other day running for a long time in the 80 mph range and no movement of the mirrors at all.

I may consider trying a set of those as well on the WR then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.