Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this isn't the right area but i need help asap!

If someone can post photos of how to remove/replace the seat that would be amazing. However a walk through guide would suffice if you dont have photos just lying around ha.

· Registered
199 Posts
Instructions also in owners manual. It's two Alan key nuts one on each side. (The larger one that comes with your tool kit) the side panels need to be removed first though.
2min job :)

· Banned
666 Posts
Just a side note. The included allen wrenches are FLIMSY.
I have bent one really badly trying to remove the bolt on the seat on the right
I recommend goto sears there is a full metric double pack of allen wrenches
by craftsman for 12 bucks and it is WAY easier
Also be careful you dont strip the bolt taking it out they are put in way too tight
from factory and it is easy to strip HOWEVER cycle gear has a miscellaneous pack
of bolts i think there is like 40 or 50 in there for 24 bucks if you need one
Oh you are in australia i am sure there is a shop there

· Registered
2,942 Posts
be careful taking off the plastic panels under the seat, I just broke one of mine over the weekend.. I took it off when it was very cold out so that makes the plastic more brittle.. But i was able to gorilla glue the little tab back on and its good as new :)

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a side note. The included allen wrenches are FLIMSY.
I have bent one really badly trying to remove the bolt on the seat on the right
I recommend goto sears there is a full metric double pack of allen wrenches
by craftsman for 12 bucks and it is WAY easier
Also be careful you dont strip the bolt taking it out they are put in way too tight
from factory and it is easy to strip HOWEVER cycle gear has a miscellaneous pack
of bolts i think there is like 40 or 50 in there for 24 bucks if you need one
Oh you are in australia i am sure there is a shop there
Lucky I know what you mean by Sears :cool:

· Banned
1,753 Posts
I sanded down the little locking nubs on the male posts on the panels. I had one break off installing it very carefully. At indoor room temps, they are just brittle, cheapo junk. With them smooth they go in/out easily and they are held in by the bolt so no movement either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.