Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki Ninja 300, 2013
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

This is my first post ever on this forum; However, this forum has helped me a lot through the last year or so.

Lets get straight into it: The sides of the frame, where your boots make contact with the frame, are slightly scuffed (in some places even to the bare metal) from the previous owner.
I have found 8F Flat Stoic Black as the frame colour. However, this is not cheap and easy to buy where I live.
I was wondering if anyone has experience with painting their frame;
Does anyone have an alternative to prevent the bald spots from rusting and keep the colour as close as possible to the original?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin, Proud Ninja 300 owner

·
Registered
313 Posts
do you have pictures of your frame's paint damage? I just looked at my bike and realized that my feet never contact the frame. Maybe if someone has very large feet and they squeeze their legs/feet in tight to the bike? The area around the inner balls of your feet could possibly touch? Possible they wore boots with very large / wide soles (like hiking or construction boot)...I know this doesn't answer your question about painting the frame..but curious as to how the damage was caused..

·
Registered
Kawasaki Ninja 300, 2013
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a picture:

I know for a fact that he used boots. So I think that is the culprit.
I know the caps on the frame aren't a big problem, since I could just paint these in any colour, just to match with something else on the bike or plain black.
I am just contemplating on what colour I should use on the frame itself.
(And yes, it is quite dirty, I've been riding in shit weather lately)

·
Registered
313 Posts
you are right, someone's boot rubbed through the paint! I'm not sure if I've ever seen someone list the correct paint for either the frame or the black wheels. You could try your local Kawasaki dealer to see if they have any suggestions or a body shop if you want an exact paint match. The cheap option would be to buy a few cans or aerosol spray paint (a few different blacks?..flat/satin?) and find one that is the closest. That's an area that probably no one but you will ever notice on the bike.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Ninja 300, 2013
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truee, thanks for the effort anyways :)
That was exactly my thought process, so I will try to ask my local Kawa dealer.
If not, I will just re-paint the frame caps with a plain black and touch up the frame itself.

With kindest regards,

Kevin

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would say you are stuck with purchasing different paints in the proper gloss range and spraying a test panel if you want to make the touch-up not noticeable.

No matter what you do you will run into the same thing eventually - your boots will eventually sand-off whatever coating they contact. The better and more rigid the boot the more they will remove the coating - nothing you can do about it. You really want the best boot you can get. Ankle injuries are terrible to deal with for the rest of your life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts