Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to riding, this is my first bike and I've only put about 500 miles on the bike. I have not put any new aftermarket parts or accessories although i am looking to buy a Leo vince gp corsa slip on, does that work as well as the full system? Also what exactly do the adjustable levers do? What do air filters do?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Slip ons save a serious amount of weight but don't add any performance. Without a tuner you will actually lose a little power compared to the stock exhaust.
A full exhaust, K&N air filter, snorkle delete and tune
Or slip on, cat delete K&N air filter, snorkle delete and tune
Will yield the most power
But you can snag some power and better throttle response with just a tune and K&N air filter.

The Slip ons will also make the bike sound better.

I personally after reading about what works and doesn't work on our bikes, past experience on other bikes and after talking with Kerry at Area P am starting with a slip on, Area P tuner, K&N air filter, snorkle delete.

With just my slip on I can feel a loss until about 7k Rpms after riding it twice today.

As far as the levers go, they allow you to set the distance from the grip to the lever.
This is advantageous if you have big or small hands to get the engagement for braking or clutching exactly where it is most comfortable for you

·
Registered
463 Posts
Slip ons save a serious amount of weight but don't add any performance. Without a tuner you will actually lose a little power compared to the stock exhaust.
But you can snag some power and better throttle response with just a tune and K&N air filter.

I personally after reading about what works and doesn't work on our bikes, past experience on other bikes and after talking with Kerry at Area P am starting with a slip on, Area P tuner, K&N air filter, snorkle delete.

With just my slip on I can feel a loss until about 7k Rpms after riding it twice today.

As far as the levers go, they allow you to set the distance from the grip to the lever.
This is advantageous if you have big or small hands to get the engagement for braking or clutching exactly where it is most comfortable for you
Kerry knows his stuff , his r/d on the 250 and the 300 is no joke

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you very much

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Can also confirm about Area-P, top work and a top company. Always have time to answer questions and emails.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
A tuner is like a computer that piggy backs on your bike or cars original ECU (electronic control unit). All it does simply is override what your ECU tells your motor to do for certain functions. An Area-P controller simply alters fuel.....others such as Power Commander have the ability to be able to alter ignition timing too and other extras.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
What exactly is the tuner and what should i get if i buy a slip on?
we have spoken about this plenty of times on the forum, but in a nutshell a "tuner" is a piece of aftermarket electronics/computer that plugs on to the stock ECU/EFI of the bike and allows modification to the air/fuel mixture and if you get a power commander 5 it also allows you to change the timing as well.

long and short of it, if you put on a slipon exhaust the flat spot under 7 grand will be much bigger then with the stock exhaust & you will most certainly feel it.

drop on a slipon, k&n air cleaner, power commander 5 or similar and you will pickup power from the motor across the entire power spectrum.

yes you will also use a little more fuel but not much more at all. i average about 4.1-4.2 litres of fuel to the 100 kays travelled since i put on my 2 bro's slip on, k&n, pc5. gearing wont affect it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts