Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I put the new brake pads in but the pistons from the brake caliper are holding the brake pads too close together and I can't get the rotor back in. How can I move the pistons back into the caliper?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Alright so I put the new brake pads in but the pistons from the brake caliper are holding the brake pads too close together and I can't get the rotor back in. How can I move the pistons back into the caliper?
Compress the piston. A clamp should do fine.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny thing was I had the pistons fully in the caliper because I flushed out my brake fluid and it was easy to push them back in. Then I put in new brake fluid and bled it and all and I forgot to put my wheel back on so.... The brake pads were completed closed together and I didn't know what to do lol. My dad got the wheel back on and the rotor inbetween so it should be all good now. I might actually make it to the bike night later tonight. And warning that's an amazing idea if only I could've thought of that earlier lol. And xephona I was only able to push the pistons in a bit when I tried that. Anyways it's all good now thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Funny thing was I had the pistons fully in the caliper because I flushed out my brake fluid and it was easy to push them back in. Then I put in new brake fluid and bled it and all and I forgot to put my wheel back on so.... The brake pads were completed closed together and I didn't know what to do lol. My dad got the wheel back on and the rotor inbetween so it should be all good now. I might actually make it to the bike night later tonight. And warning that's an amazing idea if only I could've thought of that earlier lol. And xephona I was only able to push the pistons in a bit when I tried that. Anyways it's all good now thanks everyone.
Yeah, give it a shot next time. It always worked for me. I'm glad you got that sorted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts