Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode my 2012 300 home and couldn't click the bike into neutral so just threw the stand down and left it as I've had a few issues before. Went to start my bike today and the bike wouldn't start, nor click into neutral. Just the red oil level, looked at the oil levels and it was pretty much drained.

Does anyone know what to do, obviously I need to do the oil and filters, but will this restart the bike or is there much more serious issues at hand?

Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
251 Posts
You've not given enough important details so let me ask you these questions:

1. How long was the bike parked, i.e., hours, days, months?
  2. Does the battery have a charge?
  3. Did you try to start it with the stand down in gear? If so, there's a safety switch that disables the starter if it's not in neutral.
  4. So you are having a recurring problem shifting into neutral?
  5. If so, is your clutch working properly?
  6. What oil "levels" are you referring to?
  7. Is the oil level low when the bike is vertical, i.e., not leaning as it normally is on the center stand?
Of course the oil level won't prevent the engine from starting unless it's so low that the engine has seized, which I think you would know if that's happened.

Report back with answers to these questions and any other info you think might help someone here diagnose the problem.

Cheers from Thailand!

Reactions: purelysam and cadd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to look at the bike itself today and it turned over, and started perfectly. O.O

Checked the oil levels, they seem to be fine, I looked when the bike was on the stand. But yeah I have no idea, I was starting the bike off without the stand with the engine button on, and am an experienced (well have ridden for a year or so rider) Might take it to the shop for a service soon, get them to inspect everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts