Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 300 got stuck in 1st gear and I couldn't find any information besides the basic lever adjustment to fix it so I decided to poke around and see what i could see.

In my exploration, I naively removed the crankcase cover in hopes of being able to get to the internal shifting mechanism, when I realized it wasn't possible I tried to put everything back as it was but the gear going to the starter fell off and I'm unsure if I got it back in correctly. It did sit flush and i didn't have to force anything to get everything to reattach.

I fixed my shifting problem by removing the clutch and adjusting the shift linkage (it got jammed underneath the drum looking thing) and fixing my return spring...my shifting problem seems to be fixed and my clutch is working.
however when I try to start it, even with jumper cables, there is one click and nothing.

Should I wait for the battery to fully charge to diagnose this or should I open the crankcase cover again and make sure everything is aligned?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It started!!
HOWEVER, I'm hearing what sounds like a high pitch whine that seems to be coming from the crankcase when I crank it, the sound eases off after it cranks but it's still there...
I'm worried to run it again...should I take off the crankcase cover again ?

Is it normal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts