Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to replace the electronic speedo dash on my 2013 Ninja 300 EX. The face was cracked and water leaked in and shorted out the original. I replaced it with a used one I got off of Ebay. The bike where the used one came from must of had ABS because the ABS light stays on all the time now and my bike does not have ABS. Does anyone know how to trick the system so I can get the light to go off?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Your ABS Light Stays On? 7 Reasons And How To Fix Them :

7. The Not-Deep-Enough Emergency Brake
Another reason causing ABS light stays on is the emergency brake. In some cases the emergency brake won’t go down far enough, keeping the light on, although you don’t actually apply the brakes.

The emergency brake doesn’t work on the same system like the main brake line, but when the main lines fail, the emergency brake (which is in working condition) can still be applied instead. Also in with steep driving terrain, the E-brake can be applied as a preventative measure. However, if you don’t shut off the handle precisely, the light will get stuck on.

So when your ABS light won’t go off, be sure to check whether your emergency brake is in the correct down position or not. Adjust it a few times and see if the ABS light turns off.
^^^This!

My emergency brake stuck on my Ninja and the ABS light never came on! I had to take it to the shop and they replaced the entire emergency brake system. It was still under warranty so it was free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts