Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Ninja world!

So I have been doing research for days about speakers. I have the Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth, but the stock speakers SUCK!. They are very clear for communication, but music sounds like its coming out of a tin can!

Music is pretty important in my life, so its hard to judge from a few stupid amazon reviews if any speakers have "great" sound quality instead of just "clear" sound quality. I want some mids and some bass!

All I have found are the Tork Pro x2, which looks like it may be too big for the ear holes on my GMAX helmet, or the IASUS XSound 2, but those were made like 8 years ago and I have seen mixed, mostly bad, reviews.

Im surprised there is not a bigger market for speakers with good quality for music.

Anyone know of anything I may be missing? Otherwise, I might try to shove the Tork's into my helmet somehow.

Thanks folks!

Tim

"Prepare for possibility, and you will always be prepared."

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not sure about super good quality. I've used my Scala rider ones for almost 7 years. And let me tell you, it is one of the best things I have EVER bought for my bike.

After just starting riding, my wife and I took a 3 hr trip somewhere. It was a straight shot for me, but once we arrived my wife took of her helmet and had tears running down her face because of the pain of the seat and overall discomfort. She didn't say anything at the time cause she had no way of telling me. The next day we bought those Scala and ever since it makes riding pillion MUCH more enjoyable.

Sound is good and clear with ear foams, at least to me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd like to hear of some good in-helmet speakers as well. Raptorstewie you mentioned headphones, and I do use headphones but on longer rides it hurts your ears quite a bit (as in riding for 15 hours like I did lol).

I'm going to Florida at the end of next month and I'd rather not have to use headphones if I can help it, I won't be taking the interstate so they don't have to be super loud due to wind or anything like that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I didnt respond sooner.

It just dawned on me that I never left my reply here.

So i buckled and got the Tork x2's. They make a huge difference!!!! They are louder, you can hear a kick drum or a bass line too. They are just loud enough for the highway and I Velcroed them behind my ear pads right on the helmet and its perfect. It takes a little bit of adjusting to get the sound to go right into your ear, but after you align them its worth the money. I cut off the speakers of the sena, soldered these on and shrink wrapped them. Works easy peasy. If anyone wants good sound quality for music, pick up the torks.

They are significantly larger than the sena speakers though. Make sure there is room in your helmet for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts