Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was watching that vid from Arai about helmets (thanx hard racing) and have a question
i measured my head 3 different times at 3 diff places all came with the same number 24 in exact
all the info i have seen says i should be using a 2xl helm
HOWEVER i own 2 helms that are 2xl and they are SSOOO uncomfortable
i have a 3xl scorpion that fits very comfortably but after watching the video
it makes me think that i am doing something wrong with the other 2 helms
but i swear one of those is a modular and after wearing it for about 20 mins
i have almost an indention across the top of my head
looking for advice please

·
Registered
958 Posts
The size charts are a gauge to what size you would take in a specific manufactures helmet. That being said, each manufacture makes their helmets with slightly different shapes. Because everyone has a slightly different shaped head, there may be some helmets that won't fit you very well. That's why it's recommend that you put one on, and wear it for at least 20 minutes to see if it's going to bother you. And going up a size won't solve the problem because then the helmet would be too loose. Most people find a manufacture that fit's them well and stick with them. (I did) :D Hope this helps.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the scorpion fits well and is comfortable maybe i will just stick with them

·
Registered
958 Posts
well the scorpion fits well and is comfortable maybe i will just stick with them
That would probably be your best bet as you know they fit your head shape. Plus this allows you to buy future helmets online if you can find a really good deal.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
There's also changing out the cheek pads. I found the exo 400 kinda hurt my right ear because of the placement of the pad (I guess my ears aren't even or the padding was off) but the exo 1100 fits great and feels a lot better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.