fog
I thought it was the vents but I open and close it
same thing
its tge scorpion exo 500

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Even when you're moving?

Almost all helmets will fog up when you're standing still. The vents need air to be moving through them to defog the lens effectively.

The only truly effective way to prevent fog even when you're at a stand-still is to buy a pinlock visor for your helmet.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its says it is anti fog treated. I may have fixed it I took it off and found like four more vents. will try tomorrow

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is pinlock

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does it have a breath guard?

My Shoei RF1100 fogged up a little without it, once I put it in, fog was pretty much a non-issue.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
what is pinlock
Exact same concept as the double-pane windows in most houses (when's the last time you've noticed your house windows fog up?)

Basically it's a system of two visors. You have the main visor and an interior lens which fits against the main visor. There's a small silicon bead all around the interior lens which traps a pocket of air between the two layers. By having that pocket of air trapped inside, you create an insulating layer which prevents condensation and fogging :)

Revzilla has a pretty good video explaining it...

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I had a really bad fog up this morning on my way to work. It was 27 degrees out and I put all my gear on before going outside. Needless to say i was pretty warm with just my jacket pants helmet and gloves, no special cold weather gear for a short 11 mile interstate run. Before I could get on the interstate, my entire visor was fogged up to the point that I had to open it while going 70. Not very fun. Definitely looking at getting one of those pinlock visors immediately.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's just a universal pinlock lens. If you can, I'd recommend getting an official one designed for your helmet. They're typically designed to cover the entire viewport, whereas universal lenses are one-size-fits-all and leave a lot of area uncovered (as is shown from the pic on their website.)

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have the exo 400 not the 500
and it doesnt have a custom pinlock
it is really frustrating the helmet fits perfect
its comfortable and light yet i cant see crap
out of it with the visor down

1 - 16 of 16 Posts