Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv seen a few riders around lately with helmet fins, or "cat ears" I believe they are suppose to help with stabilization, dunno if I like the look or not. What do you guys think?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Havent seen many people in Oz wearing those........I think they know better ;)

I know they were fairly big in the 90's. But I would like to know how stability is affected once you turn your head to the side...........Would be like a big sail I reckon.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
is that anything like the stupid mohawks people put on their helmets? :S

·
Registered
993 Posts
I want a "hello kitty" ear set for mine!!! So I can say "hey! whadda yu lookin' at eh?" of course i'd have to do it in a movie italian accent.

·
Registered
909 Posts
i kind of want sonic the hedgehog fins... but id have to get a blue jacket and red shoes...

·
Registered
993 Posts
View attachment 2653 the ones iv seen look like this

Heh... I am BATMAN....
There were a couple of riders on last weeks poker run that had those.... I still think cat ears would make people notice you more, well at least they would do a double-take and see you.
Maybe a velcro set...yeah...I like that idea...cat today, dog tommorrow....hmmm anybody got a plasta mold machine?
:D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
View attachment 2653 the ones iv seen look like this

While I haven't seen any that drastic before, the concept is to focus the air going over the helmet with the dual air foils to stabilize the head and prevent your helmet bobbing around from turbulence at high speeds. The ninja really doesn't hit the speeds to make use of a helmet like this. Also once tucked and the helmet is working, turning your head to look behind you isn't going to be a very fun experience.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Shark fin just in case you ride under water.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm not sure any of these will give you any aerodynamic stability, but they are good for those with a sense of humor :D

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
"Back in the Day" Scott Russell & Troy Lee made the Fin famous. Claims were stabilization, but seems it was more style and visual.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Seems like more of a safety hazard to me. I wouldn't want one of those fins to catch if I'm sliding across the ground. Recipe for a broken neck.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
They are just plastic attached with double sided tape.... would prolly be gone a split second after the helmet touched down

1 - 18 of 18 Posts