Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Any good reviews regarding earphones/Bluetooth kit for helmets?

I'm looking for something I can use simultaneously with my phone and to communicate with the rear passenger.

I have a small Bluetooth headset I can use for now with my phone. But it is definitely not helmet friendly as its push button will be unreachable.

I'm definitely looking for something really designed for helmet and peer (maybe group) communication.

Sent from my Motorola PT550 using Motorcycle.com Android app

· Registered
934 Posts
I have a nolan n43e helmet. It has the cut outs for nolans n-com device already in it. I plan on getting the communications set up soon, but its an investment.. gonna run 90 bucks for the speakers and another 230 for the communications device.

NOW with the speakers, I coudl hook them directly to my phone, but then I would have to open my phone to take a call. that woudl defeat the purpose... so get the other device and its all wireless controlled from the helmet.

heres a link, I hear good things about it.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n-com-e-box-intercom-bt3-kit
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n-com-basic-kit-2

and the helmet I have
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n43e-trilogy-outlaw-helmet

· Registered
283 Posts
I use the Scala G4 and it's worked well for me. It works amazing for bike to bike communication, music quality is good though it could use a little more bass. Cell phone conversations are tough over 60mph but otherwise they're pretty doable. Overall I really like it.

Only good pic i have of my helmet with it (let me know if you can't see it, grabbed the link from Facebook):

· Registered
79 Posts
I'm looking into this as well and i've narrowed it down to the Scala G9 or the SMH-10. I'm leaning towards the G9 cause of the FM tuner but at $289 it's a lot to consider. Also, i'm a fairly new rider and i'm not 100% sure if i'm ready to have audio.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Do you have a Shark helmet like the one in your avatar? If so, they make a system called the Shark Tooth which is supposed to be pretty nice.
I will have the shark helmet you can see in my avatar soon. But the model is the Rsr2. It is not listed as compatible ones on shark tooth compatibility list.

I'm seriously considering either the Sena SMH10 double pack. It's under $250 on ebay radio rider, free shipping. There is also a Interphone f3 (double pack, as well) for something like $160.

Not sure which one to buy...

I've seen good reviews about sena, specially its battery life. But the interphone f3 price is very attractive.

...I'm leaning towards the G9 cause of the FM tuner but at $289 it's a lot to consider.
Mmmmm... FM tuner can be quite interesting. Do you have any information about battery life though?

Sent from my Motorola PT550 using Motorcycle.com Android app

· Registered
143 Posts
wow never considered doing this, it would would be pretty cool to be able to communicate to the one your riding with though. I think I might look into this. Thanks

· Premium Member
90 Posts
Check out the Blink M2, it has an FM Tuner for much cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Have you compared it to the Scala G9? If so, I would like th hear your thoughts. I was sold on the G9, and was intending to get a set of them for my wife and I. It would be nice to save a few hundred dollars if I could get comparable quality though. Thanks.

· Registered
231 Posts
Not a bad idea. I use my earphones to listen to music and turn by turn directions on my iPhone 5. Which makes it easier instead of looking down to the screen.

· Registered
79 Posts
I wanted the fm tuner so i could listen to a local radio morning show that is not available online...I've decided to hold off for now as the unit I want (Scala G9) is a little expensive for just this one function I want...If i rode with other riders than it would be more cost beneficial but until then I will explore other options.

· Registered
23 Posts
If you have an iPhone just use that. The headphones work okay.. The only problem I have with them is they sort of fall out when I put my helmet on. I'm going to look for the smaller in ear headphones so they don't stick out as much. But right now the regular one do the job, to top that when I use Siri it actually works (when I'm stopped at like a light).. What I really need is a throat mic!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

· Registered
252 Posts
I wanted the fm tuner so i could listen to a local radio morning show that is not available online...I've decided to hold off for now as the unit I want (Scala G9) is a little expensive for just this one function I want...If i rode with other riders than it would be more cost beneficial but until then I will explore other options.
If you have a smart phone and iheart radio app you can listen to all clear channel stations with that (most stations seem to be clear channel)

Just a FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.