Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone purchase a 300 with a helmet cable to hang your helmet? Mine was missing and I asked the shop they said the lower models did not come with one? Weird because Honda cbr 250 came stock with one.

Also any know where one can get one, or an alternative?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Under the rear seat is a little hook you can put your helmet buckes through and lock your seat down on top of the strap, does it to mine really easily, seems secure

Is that what your looking for?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly, its an actual cable with loops at the end of each of them. You hook one end of the cable to that hook your referring to then run one end of the wire through your helmet straps and hook the other end of the cable to the same hook, then lock the seat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not exactly, its an actual cable with loops at the end of each of them. You hook one end of the cable to that hook your referring to then run one end of the wire through your helmet straps and hook the other end of the cable to the same hook, then lock the seat.
The owner's manual shows this. But I couldn't find mine too...

Sent from my Motorola PT550 using Motorcycle.com Android app

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ohhhh Yeah I dont see anything like that on mine?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Didn't come with it. If yours came with it, it may have been a little dealer incentive. if you lost it, then do what the most of us do and ask the wife/girlfriend/ghost/dog.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The cable gives you a little more room to latch your helmet D rings. If you have the solo seat cowl for instance, you will find it easier to mount your helmet to the cable and hook underneath. I know my Scorpion helmets have very short D ring straps and this cable will make it much simpler to hook to the bike.

I bought this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Honda-N...048213&vxp=mtr
Item has been removed. Can you post a similar one?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Does anyone have the real name to these?
they are called

the metal cable loopy hooky helmety hanger-on-er-er dovver-bob

or just

tmclhhhd

for short;)

let see if you can say

the metal cable loopy hooky helmety hanger-on-er-er dovver-bob

10 times really fast

1 - 18 of 18 Posts