Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Hello from Montreal

4K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Brian878 
#1 ·
Joined on the weekend, haven't had much time to go through the site too much, but love what I see so far. Been riding for over 30 years, have had well over 30 street bikes, race vintage with the VRRA and my new Ninja 300 is reserved and waiting for me at Deshaies Moto on St-Michel in Montreal. With our winters, there's no use picking her up anytime soon...:(. Have done the smaller displacement thing before with the DRZ400SM, the Hyosung GT250R, CB360T Honda, Suzuki GS400, CB200 Honda and Kawasaki KZ400. Looking forward to chatting with all you fine folks during our crazy winter!!!! Cheers, Brian.

#4 ·
Thanks and will do. I'll be in Fairfax, VA for Rolling Thunder in May. We should organize something with other 300 riders. Been doing the Thunder for 15 years. Bring about 10-15 riders with me. Back roads all the way. Haven't missed one yet. DC is like 2 hrs from you right ????

#5 ·
Yeah about 3 hours. I'm pretty brand new to riding and so are my 2 friends (they got their bikes a week after me) so we don't have any groups or participate in any events yet. I've only been riding since Dec 7th and have about 1,150 miles under my belt.

Would still love to do a meet up and ride though!

#6 ·
Great! And congrats on getting your feet wet!!! Been riding since the late 70s. Have a few hundred thousand kilometers under my belt. Done Montreal/Mexico for a beer and Atlantic to Pacific with a detour into Mexico for breakfast.(16 000Kms in 20 days). Rolling Thunder alone counts for about 100 000Kms in the past 15 yrs. Been vintage road racing since 2008. Have never finished under top 5 in my race class. I never did get the chance to start riding on anything as amazing as a Ninja300R with fuel injection. You are one lucky guy. Cheers, Brian.

Attachments

#11 ·
I'd be up for a joust or two...Let's not use the Ninjas, let's rent Harleys instead...:D:D:D

#14 ·
Naw. You gotta do chaps with a speedo !!!! Wife beater top, half head, goggles and fringes on the joust !!!!

#18 ·
^ He just wants to see your butts.

#22 ·
I'd be a shoe in for this half naked jousting thing. As a natural bodybuilder, I'm forced to wear a "grape smuggler" on stage in front of hundreds of people. Forced is a strange word, let's say required...

Attachments

#24 ·
I'll have to hit the drag strip to improve my launches...Hope this won't get taken out of context...:eek:

#25 ·
i have no idea what's going on in here but i'm going to safely assume canadian things and back out quickly

#26 ·
At -40 degrees Celsius, our brains don't function at the normal rate...Stuff like this keeps us warm !:D:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.