Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrat ! Mmmm I just got a black one yesterday. Dealer was going to give me $300 off if I take the SE one but I can't turn away from the black one. ;]

·
Registered
387 Posts
ah I just moved from Long Beach! Ha, welcome man. What dealership did you pick it up from? I bought mine from Long Island Kawasaki in Hicksville.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you dont mind me asking. how much did you guys pay for your bikes after all the fees and everything? im in long island too and was wondering what the price range is everywhere

·
Registered
399 Posts
@Island Powersports see Jimmy the manager and Danny the sales guy.

go to their website and read the testimonials. They are one of the few Ichiban Kawasaki dealers. That puts them in the elite top 2%.

Use Kawasaki showbucks to lower final price. Buy before the weather hits 60 degrees when everyone and their grandmother will be coming in to buy a bike.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got the first 300 they sold back in sep from there !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Eh... I didn't like this dealer at all. In fact this was the only dealer that was incredibly rude to me. When I was looking around and was asking for a price quote on the bike back in mid-late Jan, I had emailed, and called all possible Kawasaki Dealers in NY. The first dealer that had quoted me was Prospect Powersports. I was quite happy with the price I was quoted, but I wanted to still look around. I had informed the other dealers of the price I was quoted.

When I had spoke with a rep from the dealer in Hicksville, ( I do not remember his name, however sounded around 50-60s ) he had laughed and told me the price was "bullshit" and that I would be "raped" if I go in person to actually get that price at Prospect. :eek::confused: I asked him what would his quote be then and he would not tell me stating that is not how he does business. So he is perfectly fine of doing business by ridiculing me and cursing at me. Rightttttt.:mad: I told him I was all the way out in Brooklyn and didn't want to drive all the way to his dealer, just to hear nonsense, and if he would just give me a price range instead then. ( I actually live 10 minutes away however I had went to Brooklyn at that time ) He had told me his price range would be 5900 minimum at least. Thanked him and hung up right away.

Later NY Motorcycle had called, and instead of the same bs charade the folks in Hicksville treated me with, these guys told me to jump on that deal right away. They were telling me that the price I was quoted would be probably the best deal I would get as they will not be able to beat it. They warned me that I could possibly be hit with other charges or hidden fees when I do actually go in person to sign at Prospect. But they were nice about it and told me to give it a try at Prospect, and if they try to do anything by modifying the price, leave immediately and come by to their place ( NY Motorcycle )
All in all, I took my chance in Prospect, was honored with the price I was quoted, no hidden fees, or bs. Left happy and satisfied, and there was no "raping.":D

I'm sure some folks had a better experience than I did with the dealer in Hicksville. And according to Google, Prospect actually has the lowest ratings compared to a lot of the dealers in NY. Which made me very skeptical at first and plausible that these folks may possibly "rape" me when I went in person to sign. I can see WHY the place had such low ratings, but in the end, I only cared about getting my price at the best price. :cool:

I had heard good things about the dealer in Massapequa and hope that I had heard from them back too, however I was in bit of a rush for the bike and totally forgot about them. :(

·
Registered
387 Posts
Eh... I didn't like this dealer at all. In fact this was the only dealer that was incredibly rude to me. When I was looking around and was asking for a price quote on the bike back in mid-late Jan, I had emailed, and called all possible Kawasaki Dealers in NY. The first dealer that had quoted me was Prospect Powersports. I was quite happy with the price I was quoted, but I wanted to still look around. I had informed the other dealers of the price I was quoted.

When I had spoke with a rep from the dealer in Hicksville, ( I do not remember his name, however sounded around 50-60s ) he had laughed and told me the price was "bullshit" and that I would be "raped" if I go in person to actually get that price at Prospect. :eek::confused: I asked him what would his quote be then and he would not tell me stating that is not how he does business. So he is perfectly fine of doing business by ridiculing me and cursing at me. Rightttttt.:mad: I told him I was all the way out in Brooklyn and didn't want to drive all the way to his dealer, just to hear nonsense, and if he would just give me a price range instead then. ( I actually live 10 minutes away however I had went to Brooklyn at that time ) He had told me his price range would be 5900 minimum at least. Thanked him and hung up right away.

Later NY Motorcycle had called, and instead of the same bs charade the folks in Hicksville treated me with, these guys told me to jump on that deal right away. They were telling me that the price I was quoted would be probably the best deal I would get as they will not be able to beat it. They warned me that I could possibly be hit with other charges or hidden fees when I do actually go in person to sign at Prospect. But they were nice about it and told me to give it a try at Prospect, and if they try to do anything by modifying the price, leave immediately and come by to their place ( NY Motorcycle )
All in all, I took my chance in Prospect, was honored with the price I was quoted, no hidden fees, or bs. Left happy and satisfied, and there was no "raping.":D

I'm sure some folks had a better experience than I did with the dealer in Hicksville. And according to Google, Prospect actually has the lowest ratings compared to a lot of the dealers in NY. Which made me very skeptical at first and plausible that these folks may possibly "rape" me when I went in person to sign. I can see WHY the place had such low ratings, but in the end, I only cared about getting my price at the best price. :cool:

I had heard good things about the dealer in Massapequa and hope that I had heard from them back too, however I was in bit of a rush for the bike and totally forgot about them. :(
Wow. Interestingly enough I think I know who you're talking about, though I purchased mine from another sales rep. Good ole long island courtesy lol. Sorry to hear about the bad experience man.

I ultimately picked mine up in October for a lot less than 5900, though I wish I would have hassled a little more, could have probably gotten a better price. All in all I guess it all comes down to the salesperson. Either way, congrats on the bike dude!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry for the trouble ! But that sounds like the guy that sold it to me he was an older guy but was actually pretty nice and the only dealer with a 300 in stock at the time. Could've been he was in a bad mood lol but as long as u got a fair price that's all I think that matters !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. After selling my 2012 cbr250r abs last year, i knew id be back on two wheels this season. Im in NYC and looking to buy a new 300 SE. Can you guys PM me your OTD price (or post if its not against any rules), and what dealer you went to. Im about to join costco just to see what kind of deals i could be offered. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Im mostly opposed to the setup fees which jack up the price. Also, did you guys finance? And what was your down payment, or did they only offer you that price cuz you paid cash in full. Id drive out to long island or jersey if the deal is worth the extra miles. My gear is getting dusty just being on display :) .Thanks in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts