Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia, well you know in my country, we get the smaller engine for this new little Ninja due to tax permit in here.
I found this forum very useful to find anything new related to this bike, the only difference is the engine capacity, the rest is the same.
Hopefully i welcome here.

Here's the picture of my Ninja, I call Her Aoki. :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of mods. Just from that pic, I see...

- Wider/beefier swingarm
- Wider rear wheel
- Wider front wheel
- Replaced rear disc
- Clipons
- Upgraded forks
- Upgraded front brakes (different reservoir, Brembo?)
- Upgraded exhaust

Other than the fairings, is anything stock anymore? :p

Welcome!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
g'day mate
Welcome. Great to have you.
Nice bike. Looks sweet!
Welcome to the forum :D
Thanks mate! Greeting from Indonesia! :)

Oh wow that's wide! How's the handling and turning and did you have to buy new rims and change suspension? Plannin on switching it soon but hearing a lot of pros and cons(more cons) and just wanted some feedbacks. Thanks!
First of all, it's depends on how you gonna use the bike, mine it's not a race bike, not a performance bike, not also a circuit bike. it's just my daily bike (to office), it's just a fashion mods. So it's not really affect so much on handling & turning, because I can't feel or tell any significant difference from the stock. In fact I feel more confident with wider tire when I do cornering. And I've used this part to do some small touring around 300km return, and it's fine. And for the spec, please see my reply to Dave below.

Wow, that's a lot of mods. Just from that pic, I see...

- Wider/beefier swingarm
- Wider rear wheel
- Wider front wheel
- Replaced rear disc
- Clipons
- Upgraded forks
- Upgraded front brakes (different reservoir, Brembo?)
- Upgraded exhaust

Other than the fairings, is anything stock anymore? :p

Welcome!
Haha. Thanks mate. But actually this part are from my old Ninja 250 (2008 Model) so I only swap this part to this new Ninja when I sold the old one.
It's a complete set, I'm using swingarm from my GSX750 (My insurance company allow me to keep the swingarm when my bike got an accident on 2010)
Beside that, I'm using Yamaha R6 2011 complete set, front fork set, from handle bar, brake reservoir to clamp & discbrake (And yes, it is Brembo) & a Wheels set.
And because until now, there's not many aftermarket exhaust for this new Ninja, so I'm using the slip-on from R6 too.
I uploaded to YouTube if you like to hear the sound, and I'm quite happy with it, :D
http://youtu.be/Ivyz_rmja54

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice bike kawan!

I lived in JKT for 10 years. Back in NZ now. Nice to finally see some decent looking bikes coming into Indo now.

Out with the Yamaha Mio's and in with the Ninja's! :D

How much are the new Ninja 250's? I remember the 2008-2011 models being about 30-35 mill I think. :eek:

Cam.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What did you need to do to the swingarm to fit it? It didn't just bolt on, did it?
Nah, not just bolt on. But this Suzie GSX swingarm is one of the easiest fitment to Ninja (Fyi, the old model & the new one, is the same)
I only do some modification for the monoshock, the stock monoshock from GSX cannot be installed due to space from the oem lowerpart/undertail & the filter, because I'm not willing to ruin the oem body, I guess I still using the stock monoshock until someone made up some $30 undertail to replace the oem, :D

Nice bike kawan!

I lived in JKT for 10 years. Back in NZ now. Nice to finally see some decent looking bikes coming into Indo now.

Out with the Yamaha Mio's and in with the Ninja's! :D

How much are the new Ninja 250's? I remember the 2008-2011 models being about 30-35 mill I think. :eek:

Cam.
HAHA! Well halo juga kawan! :D
I'm still using my Vario too (my body is too big to ride a Mio)
the new ninja SE OTD is around $5100 (49 mill) and in 2 months after the launch, the price has gone up to $5500 (51.5 mill), crazy demand! :D
and the ABS OTD is $6000 (56.9 mill)
unfortunately, we only get the 250cc, due to the tax regulation. if you still remember how crazy the tax in here! :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

Enjoy it and make yourself at home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OP's bike is probably the most modded 300 I've seen so far.
Nice bike! I like the mods :)
Haha yea Indonesians love their mods. You should see the motorcycle tabloids they bring out over there,

http://motorplus.otomotifnet.com/welcome/index_kanal/10/#
Thanks man! :)

Awesome looking bike. The R6 slip on sounds great.
Yeah it does, and recently I've made some changes for that slip-on position, now will look better than the version 1.0, :D

Welcome to the forum :)

Enjoy it and make yourself at home.
Thanks mod! :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.