Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding my '04 250 for years, it is literally the only vehicle I own. I commute through rain or cold, 38 miles a day. I'm a small guy with a muscle condition so I don't want to bother with larger bikes. But I have always thought "if only this thing had about ten more HP..." Well hello there Ninja 300 :D

Don't have mine yet cause I'm building a shed big enough to hold two bikes first. So I will be picking up a white 300 in a couple months, probably in December.

Attached is a pic of my 2004 250, soon to be given to my girlfriend when I get the 300.

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome. The 300 sounds perfect for you!
Nice that you got so many years of joy from your 250.

So, do you live near one of the curves in Florida? :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, do you live near one of the curves in Florida? :D
Yeah the road situation in Florida is so, boring.. I moved here two years ago for a girl and a job, and I had no idea I would be entering the land of no hills and no curves lol. The picture I attached above was right before I moved here, and I was in north west Michigan and happened to be renting a cabin literally on the most curvy road in the county so it was great. Then I moved down here and now the closest thing I get to a curve is an on-ramp.

2 years of no curves has me questioning my previous comfort levels. I went from not being afraid to drag a knee, to feeling like I am going to tip over on an on-ramp.

By the way, nice garage! Also nice state, I miss the snow lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
You should do some track days. It'll satisfy your thirst for some curves, and improve your skills, by a long shot!
I started doing track days, after having ridden on the streets for 31 years. I can't believe how well my skills have improved. I was basically perfecting my bad habits for 31 years!

Jennings can't be too far from you...;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in Orlando. Thanks for the pic of your bikes next to each other, gives me a good comparison. I'm really looking forward to the new styling of the 300.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heading to the dealer tomorrow to put half down and reserve one out of their next shipment. Feels good lol, I deserve this for myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts