Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my white EX300 Tuesday. I had my first motorcycle when I was 11 years old (1966). I didn't ride much for a couple of decades and then got into vintage bikes a few years back, mostly riding a '73 Honda CB350. When I read about this bike it seemed like it would be the modern version of the 350. I still have less than 100 mi on it.

Riding around Brooklyn, the brothers on their crotch rockets are definitely giving me more respect than when I'm riding the beat-up old Honda!

I'm not super happy with the suspension, especially on our ratty NYC streets, but that's pretty easy to fix. I just need to scrape up another US$1500 for fancy parts. Otherwise I like it just fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome!!! I am a former New Yorker! Glad you like the bike it's a blast and is more than enough for the streets of NY, plus the looks will turn heads:).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, everyone likes the way it looks- The front end is very Japanese looking like a Kabuki character or something from one of those old ukio-e prints.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy the bike, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking Race Tech. I vintage race a '76 Yamaha RD400 and I put their emulators in the forks- what a difference! They have a package listed on their site for the EX250, but I'm not sure if they have a setup for the 300 yet. I'm not in a super hurry, though. They can rebuild the existing shock or one of theirs is about 1K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts