Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm looking pretty hard at getting a 300 In a few months, hopefully by then there will be a few used or the price will go down a bit! :)

I have always wanted a sport bike but I know it is smart to start small, and I think the 300 will fit the bill perfectly! However, I am a bit concerned about the power it has for long distance riding. I will be going from Houston to Austin every other weekend on I-10 where the speed limit is 75. However, in the real world people cruise at 80-85+, I just wonder if it has enough power to keep up and even pass at those speeds? I don't want to be screaming at the top of my lungs as I try and pass someone!

Sorry for the ignorance, I just want to make sure I have my bases covered before diving into this bike!

Thanks in advance for the info, hopefully everything works out and I will have a new / used 300 in a few months! :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey! Liam from Central Florida here, the power IS enough to keep up and pass at the speeds you are talking about.. I worried about the same thing because the cruising speeds around here on I4 is around 70-75... I cruise just fine around 80, and have no problem accelerating until I hit about 95.. after 95 it climbs slowly to around 115
Welcome

·
Registered
594 Posts
Check out the reviews in most of the current issues of motorcycling magzines. They are all impressed with the power of this bike.

Oh. Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i have been riding road bikes for 17 years, owned VFR800, BMW 1200RS, honda cbr250rr, bmw 1200LT and currently have a suzuki across gsx250f across

the ninja 300 is a magic bike for the size/weight

last time i checked in the state where i live here in australia the road spped limit on the highway is 100 kilometres per hour.

go 40 kmph over the limit here, and you get caught by the cops, the will take you car/bike off you on the spot, loss of licence and straight to court, dont pass go, dont collect $200 either.

my suzuki across 250 gets 5.2 litres of fuel to the 100 kilometres, or about 19 kilometers per litre, or about 44 miles to the galon (us), and this riding round the city

the ninja 300 is a *very* comfortable bike to ride, plenty of power , fun to ride, handles very very well, and parts are reasonably priced, and aftermarket accessories galore with more to come as its a new bike.i no longer have the need for a larger bike as my wife now finally has her own licence and bike so no need to pillion her and i can get what i want now.... yippie!!!plus the fuel economy of the 300 is mind blowing

great bike, take one for a test ride if you havent done so already, you wont be disappointed in the least

i cant wait to get my own early next year, im after a ninja 300 SE ABS

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome and if you are a first time rider it is a good starter bike, if you are a vetren rider it is a good bike. you should not have any problem at that speed the only thing to keep in mind is it is a very light bike and the cross wind can push you around a bit.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everyone! Glad to hear it has enough power to get down the road at higher speeds. I defiantly won't take it out on that highway at those speeds for a while. The other thing that scares me about it was mentioned about it being so light. There are a ton of 18-wheelers out there and even in my Wrangler I get blown around by them passing me.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
733 Posts
If they are on coming just be ready for a little push but other than that you should be fine, its a little nerve racking the first few times. Its more of a wobble than a push to the side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts