Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm from Bangalore, India and I've just booked a 2017 Ninja 300 KRT Edition. Hopefully it'll get delivered within two weeks and I just can't wait!

I've been riding for about 4 years now, and this would be my second motorcycle. My first one was a pre-owned Yamaha FZ16 (Byson) which I bought right after I got my first job. Rode it wherever and whenever I could all over South India, had numerous crashes on it, got it modded with a big-bore kit, learned to do some basic wrenching and finally did a solo trip all the way up to the Himalayas before selling it off.

The Ninja is going to be my first new bike and I hope to keep it for a long long time. Looking forward to interact with you all and get the best out of my baby Ninja. :hope:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello and Welcome friend! It is very nice to hear from you. Congratulations on your purchase. I think you will love the twin cylinder motor and the large gas tank on the Ninja 300. More trips all around the continent and smooth commuting in the city. It seems like you've had some good experience and sweet adventures on your Yamaha. Be safe out there and keep us posted when you get the KRT SE. That's a lovely model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @randycastell for your kind words. Your WTE is an absolute stunner. I would've definitely gone for the WTE if it were available in India. But Kawasaki decided to sell only the KRT non-ABS variant for the 300 here in India for 2017 so I didn't actually have a choice. The KRT also looks brilliant so it's not much of a deal breaker. :D

Just got a call from my dealer that the bike will be ready on Monday! Will post the pics with all the crazy homologation stuff on it required for registration. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello again Varunmulloli! Is it true that Kawasaki is generally more expensive than Honda or Yamaha or Suzuki in India? What qualities made you choose the Ninja 300 over the much less expensive (in India) KTM 390Duke or RC390? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Buddy have you checked with the dealer for the Ninja 400 as that is going to be launched in INDIA soon. I would suggest to put down that extra cash and get the 400 as it has better features.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again Varunmulloli! Is it true that Kawasaki is generally more expensive than Honda or Yamaha or Suzuki in India? What qualities made you choose the Ninja 300 over the much less expensive (in India) KTM 390Duke or RC390? Thank you!
Yes Kawasaki is the most expensive option among the 300 lot available in India because it comes in CKD format. I was hell bent on buying the KTM RC390 as it was the most viable option for me - it was way cheaper (costs only 2/3rd of the price of a Ninja 300), and it's easy to find service centres no matter wherever you are. But when I took a test drive I felt the engine to be too coarse and vibey. Maybe it was the problem with the test bike, or maybe it was the characteristic of the bike itself, but this prompted me to test drive the Ninja 300. I didn't even consider the Ninja 300 in my shortlist before due to the cost. But after taking a test drive of the Ninja I couldn't just get it out of my head! :grin2:
The RC felt brilliant apart from the buzz. It felt light and agile and a very comfortable machine to sit on. But the Ninja felt right at home. It didn't feel like I was sitting on the bike; it felt like I was part of the bike. The purchase decision was made by my heart, not by my brain :smile2:

Hey Buddy have you checked with the dealer for the Ninja 400 as that is going to be launched in INDIA soon. I would suggest to put down that extra cash and get the 400 as it has better features.
I didn't have a motorcycle with me for more than 4 months and it was making me kind of cranky. So I don't have the patience to wait for something new to get launched. Also looking at the pricing of the Versys x300 (₹360,000 for N300 vs ₹460,000 for Vx300) I'm pretty sure Ninja 400 will be priced north of the Versys when it comes to India. So I felt it better to go for the 300 while it's still available.
P.S. Just my opinion, I prefer the clean lines of the 300 than the edgy lines of the 400.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes Kawasaki is the most expensive option among the 300 lot available in India because it comes in CKD format. I was hell bent on buying the KTM RC390 as it was the most viable option for me - it was way cheaper (costs only 2/3rd of the price of a Ninja 300), and it's easy to find service centres no matter wherever you are. But when I took a test drive I felt the engine to be too coarse and vibey. Maybe it was the problem with the test bike, or maybe it was the characteristic of the bike itself, but this prompted me to test drive the Ninja 300. I didn't even consider the Ninja 300 in my shortlist before due to the cost. But after taking a test drive of the Ninja I couldn't just get it out of my head! :grin2:
The RC felt brilliant apart from the buzz. It felt light and agile and a very comfortable machine to sit on. But the Ninja felt right at home. It didn't feel like I was sitting on the bike; it felt like I was part of the bike. The purchase decision was made by my heart, not by my brain :smile2:

I didn't have a motorcycle with me for more than 4 months and it was making me kind of cranky. So I don't have the patience to wait for something new to get launched. Also looking at the pricing of the Versys x300 (₹360,000 for N300 vs ₹460,000 for Vx300) I'm pretty sure Ninja 400 will be priced north of the Versys when it comes to India. So I felt it better to go for the 300 while it's still available.
P.S. Just my opinion, I prefer the clean lines of the 300 than the edgy lines of the 400.
It has been said that the Ninja 300 is the better looking bike,yes.

Reactions: varunmulloli
1 - 7 of 7 Posts