Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very much into healthy food since I am trying to do a clean bulk. Anyone else share the same passion for healthy food? Post your fav healthy foods and recipes if possible.

My fav protein shake recipe:
1 cup of skim milk (or unsweetened almond milk for more cutting calories), protein shake powder with casein powder, 1 teaspoon of maca powder, 1 teaspoon of flax seeds, 1 teaspoon of wheat germ, 1 teaspooon of cream of wheat, handful of blackberries & blueberries, half of banana, peanut butter, cashews, goji berries and honey. Blend and enjoy!

Protein bar recipe:
Mix oats with protein powder, peanut butter, honey. Add milk in the mixture. Blend different berries and cashew nuts. Put that in mixture and also add quinoa and flax seeds for healthy boost of omega 3.

I attached a pic of my protein bars. Its not pretty looking but tastes delicious.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
i drink nutritional shakes daily as one of my meals. I like to do half veggies (kale, spinach, cucumber, celery) and half fruit (blueberries, strawberries, apple, orange, banana). I also add some hemp and chia seeds for protein and spirulina/chlorella for extra vitamins and minerals. Looks gross but tastes really good

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I've been eating really healthy again recently heres a couple pics of meals I've eaten in the past two days. Pretty much just a bunch of vegetables, rice, chicken, salad, and a bunch of spices.

Reactions: facepalm

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm a healthy eater (for the most part...lol). My latest thing is cutting out dairy out of my diet. I've been doing a ton of researching and it's just really not great for you in so many ways. However, this goes against everything you listed out you put in your shake...lol. I hope you keep this thread going, I'm always looking for more creative healthy dish ideas!!

My latest creation was a miso, soy, freshly squeezed orange juice, honey marinaded sea bass with sauteed spinach. As for a nice healthy shake: almond milk, banana, honey and cocoa....deeelish!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
You can eat healthy all you want. But if you're eating the amount that feeds three it isn't gonna help. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I make one plate like that and I eat half for lunch and half for dinner. I don't eat that big amount all at once lol

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Spicy food is awesome, and helps you feel satisfied eating less. I'm trying to eat better myself, namely by cutting way down on soda (my vice). I don't need to be SpaceJabba.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a healthy eater (for the most part...lol). My latest thing is cutting out dairy out of my diet. I've been doing a ton of researching and it's just really not great for you in so many ways. However, this goes against everything you listed out you put in your shake...lol. I hope you keep this thread going, I'm always looking for more creative healthy dish ideas!!

My latest creation was a miso, soy, freshly squeezed orange juice, honey marinaded sea bass with sauteed spinach. As for a nice healthy shake: almond milk, banana, honey and cocoa....deeelish!
mmm cocoa. I drink skim milk and include egg whites in the shake. The thread will live!:yahoo:

Spicy food is awesome, and helps you feel satisfied eating less. I'm trying to eat better myself, namely by cutting way down on soda (my vice). I don't need to be SpaceJabba.
I love spicy food! They are good for you too.

I use this as a pre workout meal or a dessert:
Whole wheat tortilla with one teaspoon peanut butter spread, handful of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, slices of strawberries, mango and peach. The white stuff is a sprinkle of shredded coconut. Heat up the tortilla for 20 secs in a microwave and spread the peanut butter. Then put all the fruits and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Make the wrap and eat.

For crunchy taste add some cashew nuts and for omega 3 boost, add some quinoa and flax seeds.

Definitely satisfied my craving for sugar, sweets and chocolates.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use this as a pre workout meal or a dessert:
Whole wheat tortilla with one teaspoon peanut butter spread, handful of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, slices of strawberries, mango and peach. The white stuff is a sprinkle of shredded coconut. Heat up the tortilla for 20 secs in a microwave and spread the peanut butter. Then put all the fruits and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Make the wrap and eat.

For crunchy taste add some cashew nuts and for omega 3 boost, add some quinoa and flax seeds.

Definitely satisfied my craving for sugar, sweets and chocolates.
I demand more recipes from you! I'm def going to try this one...sounds soo good :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you may also substitute peanut butter with cashew butter for a better gooey taste :p

Tried it last night and it was love!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
you may also substitute peanut butter with cashew butter for a better gooey taste :p

Tried it last night and it was love!!
There are few ingredients I haven't experimented with yet. That is one I will add to my list next time I go to the store :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chicken breast, chicken breast, chicken breast!

I like turkey breast though. Turkeys have bigger boobies:cowboysmilie:

Another favourite snack which takes little time to make. Banana peanut butter snack with honey. You put PB and honey between two slices of banana. EAT!

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Crostinis: Wasa Crispbread topped with white bean hummus (or any other hummus or even goat cheese) and choice of topping...roasted red peppers, kalamata olives and marinated mushrooms (my personal faves). Chop up toppings and mix the fixings with a little bit of olive oil and grated parm cheese ;) Quick and easy and really tasty! I've been doing sans cheese and it's still just as good!

Kale & Chicken Sausage Soup: Vegetable broth (miso and chicken work just as well too) spiced up to liking or keep simple with Cayenne, salt and pepper. Add veggies, beans (I prefer Cannellini) and chicken sausage. Cook to blend flavors and at the very end add some Tuscan kale to the soup and it's ready to serve.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like a bowl of granola and use sweetened almond milk with strawberries, banana, and some flax seeds for breakfast. For dinner I like tilapia and a bowl of brown rice and broccoli.

I am definitely gonna try the OP's protein bar recipe it sounds awesome

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
Crock pot!

Bbq bbef brisket sandwiches:
*Beef brisket (costco my fav)- ask them to trim the fat and charge you the same or trim the fat yourself.
*1 yellow onion
*bbq sauce
*Montreal steak seasoning
*sandwich rolls (crustini my fav)
*crock pot

Cut the onion in to slices, place Half in to the crock pot.

Trim the fat off the brisket (if it wasn't trimmed by the butcher). Rub it with montreal steak seasoning.

Place brisket atop onions, put onions atop brisket. (Big brisket + small crock pot = layers of onion and brisket)

Pour bbq sauce in crock pot

Set and forget. 6-8 hrs on low, or 4-6 hours on high

When cooked use 2 firm forks to seperate/ shred the meat

Serve on rolls with your fav veggie or salad.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Above is not my most healthy recipe, but it is my favorite.

I eat a lot of fruit, veggies and almonds & walnuts.

Huge complex salads for lunch usually

Chicken breast, steak, fish for dinner with red potato or brown rice (preferably) and veggies or salad.

Kale is good too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts