Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed this gear indicator but I am seeing some problems. Lets say I am in 4th gear and I pull in the clutch it will then show "6" when I release the clutch it reads "4" which is correct. When I pull in the clutch again it will read "5" release clutch and it reads "4".

Does anybody else have this unit installed and seeing different results? I thought when you pull in the clutch it's supposed to show "--".

I contacted the seller and they told me its my ECU sending the signal, not the GIpro. Any useful info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ok I just figured it out on my bike. There is nothing wrong with yours. You are feathering the clutch in fourth and then pulling it in. Or you are just pulling it in slowly. You should not be doing either. You should be in 3rd or 2nd. If you are stoping and you feather it into 4th and then hold it your confusing it. The thing reads rpm and speed to figure out the gear.

·
Registered
865 Posts
^^^^^ I dont have this problem with mine lol However It only read when the clutch is engaged, so if i downshift from 4'th to 1'st at a stoplight by not engaging the clutch at each shift interval, btu instead do them all at once, lets say... for an emergency stop, it will read that I am still in 4'th till i engage my clutch and the computer reads what gear I am actually in.

·
Registered
618 Posts
^^^^^ I dont have this problem with mine lol However It only read when the clutch is engaged, so if i downshift from 4'th to 1'st at a stoplight by not engaging the clutch at each shift interval, btu instead do them all at once, lets say... for an emergency stop, it will read that I am still in 4'th till i engage my clutch and the computer reads what gear I am actually in.
Yea mines the same. He's shifting wrong. I just went out and messed with the clutch in 4th and you can get it to say 5th or 6th if you feather it and pull it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.