Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day I took my first street ride on a motorcycle ever, I loved every second of it! I was just thinking during my ride that some music would be great! Does anyone wear earbuds while riding? Is it safe? I tried to put in earbuds that I have at home but when I put my helmet on (Scorpion EXO-500) it just rips them out of my ears! So what type of headphones are best to wear with a helmet?

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
The squishy marshmallow ones seem to work best. Though a Bluetooth comm system works even better. I use the Sena SMH-10 in my helmet and it works great.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
you just took your FIRST street ride and you want to be distracted by music? I'm not saying riders can't use earphones, heck I do it occasionally, but when you just took your first street rid,e I think it's a terrible idea..

I use earbuds, it helps if you run the wire over the top of your ear..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah, if you just took your first ride a few days ago, forget about the music... you've got more important shit to pay attention to (like how to ride).

I've got the Sena SMH 10R, but have been toying with the idea of using my shure 215's because they're basically ear plugs with a hole in them for the music.

But again, for your safety, and the safety of those around you, don't do music just yet. Music can make you ride faster than you normally do. That's not good in general, but really not good if you don't already know how to ride the bike well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts