Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've taken off my fairings and I'm now trying to take out the headlight casing. I see the plungers..but there is something else I'm missing. Can someone help me out with info?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Hammer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts
No hammer! lol Look around to see if everything has been removed... then GENTLY massage the head light out hahah No man handling it!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it. Thanks. Two second after I posted that I slowly massaged it back and forth. Thanks for the quick responses. :) This is so fun!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
H o l y C r a p! This takes forever! I worked on getting into the casing for over two hours. I was trying to be gentle and not rip or cut too deep.....still not done. I will continue today. I hope when I get it back together it seals properly.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Make sure to add some headlight fluid while you're at it!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
H o l y C r a p! This takes forever! I worked on getting into the casing for over two hours. I was trying to be gentle and not rip or cut too deep.....still not done. I will continue today. I hope when I get it back together it seals properly.

HOLY CRAP is putting it nicely... I used many swears during the opening process and my hands hurt so bad afterwards haha...

Just put the first coat of flat black paint on my reflectors today.. I dont know how much I like it, it turned out almost a dark gray... Guess thats flat black for you though.. Dont really want to paint it again..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
HOLY CRAP is putting it nicely... I used many swears during the opening process and my hands hurt so bad afterwards haha...

Just put the first coat of flat black paint on my reflectors today.. I dont know how much I like it, it turned out almost a dark gray... Guess thats flat black for you though.. Dont really want to paint it again..
That might be the BBQ paint. Try finding the matte black Engine Enamel I PM'd you about, mine is proper black.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Mine is about the shade of this truck:

I was thinking about picking up a can of satin black or just a better flat black in general, but then again.. Will I really see it, is it worth it??

I am going to put a couple more coats on to build base at least, the paint seems to be sticking to the plastic VERY well though.. 1 coat was almost 100% coverage.. I Want to just drop the projector in and see what I think first.. It might not look bad at all once installed..

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet mother of God, I finally got the headlight assembly apart. That took entirely too long. I gave birth in less time!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sweet mother of God, I finally got the headlight assembly apart. That took entirely too long. I gave birth in less time!

HAHAHAHAHHA thats funny as hell! I cant wait to get my projectors in to start this project... lol if only it was warmer, i'd enjoy it more lol

·
Registered
865 Posts
You won't be excited for long when you start hahaha. Get a stress ball! You'll need one

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

yeah... I know =(

I did the projector install on my scooter and damn was it horrible... still not done.. But!!! I love tinkering soooo meh! I'll do it in my free time lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol, I know. But he did say order "early". I think I put my order in around 8:00 EST.

Bonus:If you wanna save your fingers, when you disconnect your turn signals, grab your pliers and squeeze the plastic cover with that instead of trying it by hand. It came right off with the pliers versus several "I think I can, I think I can" moments with my tiny girl hands.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Lol, I know. But he did say order "early". I think I put my order in around 8:00 EST.

Bonus:If you wanna save your fingers, when you disconnect your turn signals, grab your pliers and squeeze the plastic cover with that instead of trying it by hand. It came right off with the pliers versus several "I think I can, I think I can" moments with my tiny girl hands.

I used a small flathead screwdriver personally. Balancing the fairing on my knee, holding the connector in one hand, and jamming a screwdriver in with the other :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts