Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Ninja 300 this last Wednesday and have been riding it since. Just this morning I rode into work (about 8 miles away), upon parking and getting off my bike, I noticed the headlamp on the left had condensation.

I store my bike in the garage when not riding and when I am riding during daytime, I make sure to have the high beams on at all times.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this a common thing with these bikes?

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Its normal, warranty will not even cover stuff like this.. It goes away when it warms up..

The inside of the headlight is warm and the outside is cold.. That creates condensation, its normal.. Its only bad if you get water pooling in the headlight..

HIDs and LEDs make it worse because they do not get as hot as standard bulbs so you still will have a warm headlight housing but it will be less warm when it comes to evaporating the condensation..

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think it's safe to say, I am throwing some dessicant packets and Koito butyl on the headlamp when I do my retrofit.

· Registered
259 Posts
Its normal, warranty will not even cover stuff like this.. It goes away when it warms up..

The inside of the headlight is warm and the outside is cold.. That creates condensation, its normal.. Its only bad if you get water pooling in the headlight..

HIDs and LEDs make it worse because they do not get as hot as standard bulbs so you still will have a warm headlight housing but it will be less warm when it comes to evaporating the condensation..
Disagree with it not being warranty, working in the car and truck industry I have done a few warranty claims with the same issue,

And I meant fit HIDs to pull apart clean up and reseal

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Disagree with it not being warranty, working in the car and truck industry I have done a few warranty claims with the same issue,

And I meant fit HIDs to pull apart clean up and reseal
It depends on how bad it is, and what car brand.. I currently own a Ford and a Kia and BOTH manufactures have service bulletins on how to remove the moisture free of change but it will come back and they will not replace the housing unless the water is pooling..

A little fog in the corner does nothing other that looks bad.. It will be gone soon enough..

· Registered
522 Posts
My rear turn signals fill up with condensation every time it rains and they have never blown or had any issues after 21000kms.Unless you start blowing bulbs every day then i don't think its anything to worry about.but i would recommend buying some bulbs just incase.rather have and not need than need and not have

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.