Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little backstory, I'm in the military, and currently finishing up tech school in Florida. I'm going back home to California for two weeks then back to my new duty station (different base) in Florida. I'm leaving my car back home for my family and I figured I'd bring the 300 for myself. Rather than ride nearly 3000 miles, I'm looking to have it shipped, I just have a couple of questions if anyone could help me out:

(1) Do you know of any reliable or well known shipping companies?
(2) Do the fluids usually need to be drained prior?
(3) Estimated cost I should expect?

Everything online just looks fake to me lol, any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Get on Uship and get a bid in for it. I've used them a couple times, as have people who have bought bikes from me across the country. Each individual shipper has ratings to review. Make sure the shipper has a trailer with quality wheel chocks. I'd estimate $450.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get on Uship and get a bid in for it. I've used them a couple times, as have people who have bought bikes from me across the country. Each individual shipper has ratings to review. Make sure the shipper has a trailer with quality wheel chocks. I'd estimate $450.
sounds good, thats about what i expected to spend as well, by chance the times you shipped, did they have you drain it of fluids like coolant, oil and gas?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I used Forward Air years ago. They said to drain all fluids, but I didn't do that. I just left about half a gallon of fuel in the tank. They never checked it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used Forward Air years ago. They said to drain all fluids, but I didn't do that. I just left about half a gallon of fuel in the tank. They never checked it.
cool, thanks for the info, i'll look em up too!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I have had motorcycles shipped on five different occasions and have used HAULBIKES to do it. If I needed to ship another bike I would still use them because they did an excellent job for me every time. You do not have to do anything with the fluids and they have an enclosed trailer that is made for motorcycles. You can find shippers who will be cheaper I am sure but my first priority is to have my bike get to me or get to another destination in one piece without any damage. The last time I used them is when I sold a ZRX to a rider in Texas. It arrived without a scratch. Like I said, not the cheapest but I believe that they are the best.
Make sure that the shipper that you use understands that you need the bike to arrive in a timely manner. Sometimes trucks are all over the states and it is hard to determine when they will deliver the bike. Nail them down on a suitable delivery date.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had motorcycles shipped on five different occasions and have used HAULBIKES to do it. If I needed to ship another bike I would still use them because they did an excellent job for me every time. You do not have to do anything with the fluids and they have an enclosed trailer that is made for motorcycles. You can find shippers who will be cheaper I am sure but my first priority is to have my bike get to me or get to another destination in one piece without any damage. The last time I used them is when I sold a ZRX to a rider in Texas. It arrived without a scratch. Like I said, not the cheapest but I believe that they are the best.
Make sure that the shipper that you use understands that you need the bike to arrive in a timely manner. Sometimes trucks are all over the states and it is hard to determine when they will deliver the bike. Nail them down on a suitable delivery date.
yes! that sounds awesome! i'll give em a call tomorrow, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts