Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
What? He wrote you up for reckless driving without knowing the speed? You should go to the court and tell the judge about it. I'm pretty sure the judge will dismiss the case.
I tried that when the cop refused to show me the radar but claimed I was doing "70 plus". I was doing 55 indicated, and I told him that, he called me a liar, wrote me up for reckless operation and speeding, then told me I should thank him for saving my life. I told "70 plus" isn't a number. He wrote 70 on the ticket.

When I told them I was going to plead not guilty since I was not going anywhere near that fast and the officer refused to show me the radar, he vehemently denied that I had ever asked, and then said he wrote me the reckless op for the way I was riding, not for my speed. I ended up getting both violations.

So good luck if you fight a ticket yourself, expect the cop to lie if he has to. Just hire a traffic lawyer for $100 and they'll go to court for you and likely get it thrown out regardless of what happened.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've come close, but haven't gotten one yet. I did get a finger wag & head shake. I'm 100% certain he only let me off because I'm a girl on a sport bike with pink flowers on it (thanks again for the decals, Spacep0d!).
Hmmmm.... a good strategy for any male rider.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well.... as far as i'm concerned... bragging (yeah bragging) about tickets is like bragging about being in jail.
Its only impressive to the losers that are trying to impress someone.
If I had ever gotten a ticket... I would NOT care to tell anyone... it would be too embarrassing to me..... but of course this is IMHO....
My gonads are big enough and my Johnson long enough that I don't have to prove to anyone I can go fast if I want too. I just choose not too, LOL, because I don't want to have to pay for a ticket, i'm a cheap bastige..... :)

What will you do without Freedom?

61 - 63 of 63 Posts