Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
How much was that fine and how many points? 30 above the limit is going to sting quite a bit I'd imagine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The husband was popped for 96 in a 40 on his Duc a few years ago. It took an attorney, a fine, agreeing to take both the MSF (again) and the Saturday Defensive Driving (yes, the one with all the drunk drivers) just to keep his license.
WOW! That's 56 mph over the speed limit, which is more than double the speed limit. Did the judge let him go with just a fine and two classes?

In Virginia, that's definitely some jail time.

Go slow guys! It's not worth going jail for speeding, at least in Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
2,602 Posts
How much was that fine and how many points? 30 above the limit is going to sting quite a bit I'd imagine.

We don't have points in Iowa. Only place I've ever lived that doesn't. Been here 9 ungodly years and still find it weird.

It did substantially raise our insurance, though.

WOW! That's 56 mph over the speed limit, which is more than double the speed limit. Did the judge let him go with just a fine and two classes?

In Virginia, that's definitely some jail time.

Go slow guys! It's not worth going jail for speeding, at least in Virginia.

Oddly enough, the cop let him RIDE away!

Our attorney is the only reason he kept his license. Even then it was a plea agreement where he had to take the 2 classes, pay the fine, and was on driving probation for a year. If he so much as got pulled over for 5 over or not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign he would've lost his license for a year.

It was an awakening experience for sure. He rides and drives much more sanely now - partly from the legal experience & partly from his wife. She may only be 5' 1", but she's a 5' 1" red head! I've gotten at least one speeding ticket in every state I've ever lived in except NJ (no idea how I managed to avoid that!), but none of them were for more than 10-15 over!

·
Registered
177 Posts
LOL well....

Just got one last week.

The story goes: was riding on the way to work. Ended up trapped behind a semi in a two lane highway. I was getting beat up pretty bad so I saw a gap to overtake and i took it. Mind you, traffic is moving about 80 or so. I pass the semi going down hill and as soon as I get passed him I see a NCHP outside of the car with a radar gun. I pass him and he hops in his car and lights me up. At this point about 3 more cops join him in pulling me. I pull over and long story short got 93 in a 65 and a reckless driving. Oh boy. Court in August so wish me luck

·
Registered
99 Posts

535 dollar fine, dunno about the points

·
Registered
175 Posts
No lie:

Yesterday I drove on what I thought was an empty road. No traffic and with fields on each side and sped passed a Idaho State Trooper Dodge Charger. I'm guessing he was sleeping as he did not follow me or turn on his sirens.

I'm very lucky I've been pulled over once on my bike but was let off with a warning.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
On the ninja, no. Actually never on the Ducati either. However on my gsxr, yep. Multiple. Some really bad too. I don't ride that way anymore. Too many close calls.

Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
No lie:

Yesterday I drove on what I thought was an empty road. No traffic and with fields on each side and sped passed a Idaho State Trooper Dodge Charger. I'm guessing he was sleeping as he did not follow me or turn on his sirens.

I'm very lucky I've been pulled over once on my bike but was let off with a warning.
Probably thought he couldn't catch you, the one time I was pulled over on the highway the highway patrolman told me he was shocked that I pulled over, he expected me to run.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah I'm a badass... 205 in a 65!

Probably thought he couldn't catch you, the one time I was pulled over on the highway the highway patrolman told me he was shocked that I pulled over, he expected me to run.
My buddy Steve had a cop in Iowa tell him that after getting pulled over for going 165mph. Some how he got off with a warning when he was speeding and didn't have a motorcycle license yet lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts

My buddy Steve had a cop in Iowa tell him that after getting pulled over for going 165mph. Some how he got off with a warning when he was speeding and didn't have a motorcycle license yet lol.
What happened with this? lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
What happened with this? lol
Oh, that isn't me I was just joking around. That happened to some guy in 2004 up in Minnesota. There's also another ticket floating around out there where the guy was fined a couple hundred thousand dollars for speeding. It was on a custom built helicopter engine powder motorcycle. The guy who builds the bikes has the ticket in his office or shop. Saw it on discovery channel a few years back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh, that isn't me I was just joking around. That happened to some guy in 2004 up in Minnesota. There's also another ticket floating around out there where the guy was fined a couple hundred thousand dollars for speeding. It was on a custom built helicopter engine powder motorcycle. The guy who builds the bikes has the ticket in his office or shop. Saw it on discovery channel a few years back.
That's like getting punished for not running hahaha.

Glad that's not you man.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts

So that was 11 years ago, what happened?

Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've come close, but haven't gotten one yet. I did get a finger wag & head shake. I'm 100% certain he only let me off because I'm a girl on a sport bike with pink flowers on it (thanks again for the decals, Spacep0d!).
Sexism! /s

Never had a ticket - car or bike. Easy to see cops ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
No offence but speeding tickets in USA are the stupidest thing I've seen in the 'civilized' world.

65mph is so low! I grew up in Italy where the limit is 85 and everybody goes 90-95 (well, some go higher). there's very little traffic enforcement in italy, compared to USA; mostly checking you wear a seat belt around town, or don't take a forbidden turn. and yet, the average driver in italy is much better than the average american.

in california, I got a ticket for going 85+. thing is, on that freeway the average speed is 85-90. the cop was mostly just annoyed because he thought I cut him off. he was driving a 'specially marked' car that is not as visible as normal cops cars.

I did trial by mail and won.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
No offence but speeding tickets in USA are the stupidest thing I've seen in the 'civilized' world.

65mph is so low! I grew up in Italy where the limit is 85 and everybody goes 90-95 (well, some go higher). there's very little traffic enforcement in italy, compared to USA; mostly checking you wear a seat belt around town, or don't take a forbidden turn. and yet, the average driver in italy is much better than the average american.

in california, I got a ticket for going 85+. thing is, on that freeway the average speed is 85-90. the cop was mostly just annoyed because he thought I cut him off. he was driving a 'specially marked' car that is not as visible as normal cops cars.

I did trial by mail and won.
It's not traffic enforcement, it's revenue generation plain and simple.

Dave

41 - 60 of 63 Posts