Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If I got a ticket (depending on what I was doing), I'd just fight it and I'd probably win. I've beaten six out of seven that I've fought (over 10+ years) and should have won the seventh but the judge totally Kangaroo Kourted me. But, ye can't win 'em all.

If you know the law, it's easy to fight tickets...and really easy to fight the B.S. tickets (which happen a lot). Even if you lose, there's no need to make it easy. I actually know the law well enough to know not to speed in certain areas...but if I get a ticket where 'speeding' is reasonable (freeway, back road), then it's on like Donkey Kong. I'm not talking about doing 80 in a school zone, because I don't do that.

Oddly, there's contradiction built right into CA traffic law. When merging on to the freeway, the proper speed (per the DMV written test) is to travel at traffic flow, NOT the speed limit. But, traffic flow in CA (in free-flowing conditions) is about 75-80 mph. So, there's a built-in defense for any unreasonable 'speeding' ticket on a fast freeway, where traveling at traffic flow makes the most sense not just for merging but for general freeway-driving (to reduce speed disparity). But, people who travel at 75-80 mph (without a lot of lane-changes) generally won't arouse much interest from cops who are well-aware of normal traffic-flow. Only the most flagrant violators are going to attract attention anyway.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What's with the religious moralizing? You can ALWAYS question motives...even those from someone's 'god'. ;) Your brain is for thinking, not blind submission to authority. It's ok to judge...but we should all strive to be better, fairer judges.
Sure, you can question motives all you want but in the end, only God knows the intents of someone's heart. Old Rider wasn't questioning motives but making a judgement as if he KNEW our motives. Sorry dude, no mortal is capable of making such judgments. And actually, your mind is for thinking, not your brain. Your mind is part of your eternal soul. Your brain is only the vehicle through which your mind functions through in this physical world. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Sure, you can question motives all you want but in the end, only God knows the intents of someone's heart. Old Rider wasn't questioning motives but making a judgement as if he KNEW our motives. Sorry dude, no mortal is capable of making such judgments. And actually, your mind is for thinking, not your brain. Your mind is part of your eternal soul. Your brain is only the vehicle through which your mind functions through in this physical world. ;)
Whose god? There are 40,000+ variants of Christianity alone, and there are thousands of religions. You wildly assume there's a god at all—and you wildly assume you know what it thinks or that you have it right. Remember, not all religions can be true, but they can all be false. There's a reason there is a hard line between the sciences and claims of gods (religion).

Humans make judgements every single day, and this is an objective fact. Some have even judged that a 'god' exists (even one that is different than yours), but there is no evidence for such things. But, humans are nothing if not imperfect. For generations humans have tried to explain the unknown with various phenomena, one of which is the idea of 'gods'. Any claim can be reviewed for its veracity. If you're going to make claims about gods or what they purport to think or want, then expect humans to question those claims. Certainly, it's far more damaging to societies to have servile, unthinking conformists than to have too many skeptics....so telling people 'not to judge' isn't helpful advice. Just be a better judge—like knowing when to 'speed' and when not to. It pays to pick your battles here so you don't just end up speeding everywhere and getting gobs of tickets. If I go fast, I'm going to do it where I get the most benefit (like in the canyons) and where there's less enforcement. Speeding on city streets? High cost and low benefit. This is all under the purview of human judgement, and as a rider we make these judgements constantly (on pain of injury or death).

There's no such thing as a 'soul'—at least, there is no scientific evidence for such claims and certainly no reason to believe such things. Your 'mind' is just a colloquial expression for your brain, and if you damage your brain then *you* inevitably change as a result. Your brain, for all intents and purposes, is YOU. Everything else is life-support.

OP, sorry for the threadjack.

NewCreation777, maybe we can steer this convo back to its originally-intended purpose. However, I wasn't about to let your claims or admonishments go unanswered. Let's wrap up this dialogue and get this thread back on track.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Never got a speeding ticket on the 300 nor have I got one on the 636. When on the highway I'm always cruising 80+ and our highways are 55. Cops just don't seem to bother us, I've passed a cop at 90 on the highway. He was hiding off the side but there was literally no traffic therefor no life besides mine being put in any danger so they don't come out I guess.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Whose god? There are 40,000+ variants of Christianity alone, and there are thousands of religions. You wildly assume there's a god at all—and you wildly assume you know what it thinks or that you have it right. Remember, not all religions can be true, but they can all be false.

Humans make judgements every single day, and this is an objective fact. Some have even judge that a 'god' exists (even one that is different than yours), but there is no evidence for such things. But, humans are nothing if not imperfect. For generations humans have tried to explain the unknown with various phenomena, one of which is the idea of 'gods'. Any claim can be reviewed for its veracity. If you're going to make claims about gods or what they purport to think or want, then expect humans to question those claims.

There's no such thing as a 'soul'—at least, there is no scientific evidence for such claims and certainly no reason to believe such things. Your 'mind' is just an alternative expression for your brain, and if you damage your brain then you inevitably change as a result. Your brain, for all intents and purposes, is YOU. Everything else is life-support.

We're getting a little off topic here but I have to disagree with you bro. The fact is, I know God. The God of the Bible. And Jesus, His Son. I know what He did for me. I've experienced Him. I was a lost, depressed, drug addict that was in and out of juvenile prisons and rehabs and I called out to Him in a house where I was growing marijuana and He set me free. Instantly. That was approximately 10am on December the 8th, 2003 in Lawrence, Kansas. I talk to Him everyday and He communicates with me. Not you or anybody on the planet can talk me out of believing in Him because I've experienced Him. I know Him. I have His peace in me that I didn't have before when I didn't walk with Him. What you're saying is like coming to a man doing the back stroke in a swimming pool and tryin to convince him that there's no water in the pool. Um, he's wet bro. You can't tell him otherwise. I could give thousands of examples of Him telling me things and doing things in my life and they came to pass just like He said and you would either have to believe me or call me a liar. I actually have my story about how I came to know Him written out in case you or anyone wants to hear my experience with Him. And yes, there is such thing as a soul. Let me ask you this, what is a conscience? Is there scientific evidence of a conscience? Can you put it in a test tube for me? No, you can't. But the fact that you KNOW certain things are right and wrong to do shows you there is a conscience. When you talk about a conscience, you're talking about soulish things. Spiritual things. And on I could go. Have a good night bro, and thanks for all in the input through your posts and vids ;)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
We're getting a little off topic here but I have to disagree with you bro. The fact is, I know God. The God of the Bible. And Jesus, His Son. I know what He did for me. I've experienced Him. I was a lost, depressed, drug addict that was in and out of juvenile prisons and rehabs and I called out to Him in a house where I was growing marijuana and He set me free. Instantly. That was approximately 10am on December the 8th, 2003 in Lawrence, Kansas. I talk to Him everyday and He communicates with me. Not you or anybody on the planet can talk me out of believing in Him because I've experienced Him. I know Him. I have His peace in me that I didn't have before when I didn't walk with Him. What you're saying is like coming to a man doing the back stroke in a swimming pool and tryin to convince him that there's no water in the pool. Um, he's wet bro. You can't tell him otherwise. I could give thousands of examples of Him telling me things and doing things in my life and they came to pass just like He said and you would either have to believe me or call me a liar. I actually have my story about how I came to know Him written out in case you or anyone wants to hear my experience with Him. And yes, there is such thing as a soul. Let me ask you this, what is a conscience? Is there scientific evidence of a conscience? Can you put it in a test tube for me? No, you can't. But the fact that you KNOW certain things are right and wrong to do shows you there is a conscience. When you talk about a conscience, you're talking about soulish things. Spiritual things. And on I could go. Have a good night bro, and thanks for all in the input through your posts and vids ;)
You cannot compare functions of the mind (like a conscience) to claims for god or soul. Why? The brain exists. Humans clearly have a sense of right and wrong, and whole societies operate on these ideas, though we can argue what is right or wrong and why. Ethics is a complex and nuanced subject, at times, and is certainly not as simple as a few commandments. The humans who dreamed-up specific Christian gods also dreamed-up those commandments (based on the Bronze-Age sensibilities, of course).

The mind works, and we can show this in numerous ways (even with electronic signals). Minds also invent gods, or interpret mundane events as being from 'god', but the mind is 'all there is' when it comes to how you perceive the world. Your mind, essentially, is you....whether you're a theist or atheist.

I mean, yeah we disagree and I guess we'll have to leave it there. As a former Christian, I understand what you're feeling, but I think your attribution is wrong. Humans are adaptable and many are able to escape addiction or a life going in the wrong direction with competing gods or no gods, and many people (including non-believers) don't even have addiction problems in the first place. Either way, I am glad you escaped addiction, though I think you did it on your own and with the support of real, living beings which operate in this world. Overcoming addiction does not take supernatural intervention. In a world with god(s), why does addiction exist in the first place?

Glad ye like the posts and vids. :D

Alright, thread back on track...GO.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Peace to you too Muilisx.
Shalom can also mean Hello, and Goodbye,

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a ticket or 2 on that 636 beast.
I probably won't ever get a ticket to be honest.

It's gonna be a challenge for me to control myself when I get mine.
Nah, not at all man. Just respect the bike, and take it easy. Sure, you can open her up but just learn when and when not to do it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Peace to you too Muilisx✌?... Staying with the thread, I'm surprised you haven't gotten a ticket or 2 on that 636 beast. It's gonna be a challenge for me to control myself when I get mine.
Tbh I find it easier to ride slower on a faster bike. On the 300 you have to plan out when you want to go fast and it takes a while to get up to speed. On a faster bike if you want to get to a certain speed and back down it only takes a few seconds. When I had my R1 I never went more than 10 over the speed limit for the first few weeks I had it. However with the gsxr I find myself speeding more than I did on the R1. And on the 300 I was always speeding. Maybe it's just me..

Reactions: newcreation777

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just got a 70 in a 45 just last month. Had to accelerate quick or brake hard on freshly milled lane and possibly skid and get hurt real bad to avoid being hit by a texting driver. I chose to accelerate. Cop said he was looking for me, received calls about a rider fitting my description riding recklessly. This was all less than a mile from my house which I told him and also said, I didn't get much time to be reckless before you pulled me over. Didnt' get a reckless driving ticket because he didn't see me driving recklessly because I wasn't, but I did get nailed with $279 plus $25 for online school if I chose to pay it and don't want poitns. Submitted paperwork to fight it. We'll see how this goes. Otherwise spotless driving record.

·
Registered
31 Posts
LOL @ the religious debate! That actually turned out to be more interesting than the thread itself, sorry OP! Well said spacep0d btw, I do take an interest in your well thought out replies on this forum.

I have to agree with old rider a little, threads like these are dangerous, you don't want to incriminate yourself, or look like an ass for driving like an ass and then turn around and say you are using it as a learning tool for other riders. BS.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
My buddy and I normally cruise and chill. This is on the FDR Drive in Manhattan. Other folks like to slice and dice. I've gotten tickets with my order bikes (when I was young and careless). Had 5 tickets in 1 stop. Cost me over $4k to deal with it with an attorney. Never again.

http://youtu.be/0QZ1YJZdoFs

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would love to take my 300 to the track but its just too expensive for me. A couple hundred dollars or more for just a few hours. So I have to just get up in the mountains away from everybody and open it up there to make up for it.

You can register on STT forum for the Ride Right program. They give away two free spots every track day (2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday). It seems they are hardly registered for. If you win a spot you ride that day in Novice group with some great instruction from the instructors etc and some classroom sessions to help with the facets of track riding etc. they will also provide you with a suit to use for the day, you provide the gloves, boots and helmet. The only stipulation is you cannot have rode with STT before.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You can register on STT forum for the Ride Right program. They give away two free spots every track day (2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday). It seems they are hardly registered for. If you win a spot you ride that day in Novice group with some great instruction from the instructors etc and some classroom sessions to help with the facets of track riding etc. they will also provide you with a suit to use for the day, you provide the gloves, boots and helmet. The only stipulation is you cannot have rode with STT before.
That's good to know, will check it out. Thanks 99sitr!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
NewCreation777 and I are taking that convo offline, though I am also happy to discuss this in an off-topic thread. Unlike other forums, I don't delete religious debates...I just don't want to thread-jack. People are free to watch, participate or simply do something else. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ya, clocked @ 76 in a 45. was definitely doing 93+

cop said it took him over a mile to catch me :)

Fastasfuki?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts