1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
None for me. YET!

·
Super Moderator
2,602 Posts
I've come close, but haven't gotten one yet. I did get a finger wag & head shake. I'm 100% certain he only let me off because I'm a girl on a sport bike with pink flowers on it (thanks again for the decals, Spacep0d!).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only have 300 miles on Scarlett and so far so good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never got pulled over when I had my Ninja 300. (I only put 700 miles on it before trading it in for the 636)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got one today at 1750 miles. Guy didn't know how fast I was going and his radar was off but he was pretty sure I was speeding. Wrote it up for reckless driving. I went home and checked my GPS tracker and I was below the limit pretty much the entire stretch (100+ mile ride).

·
Registered
265 Posts
I guess I'm very unlucky....I received three tickets in one stop. illegal lane change, sharing a lane, and crossing double line. officer didn't even speak to me. just handed me the tickets.:confused:
before that I had a clean record. fighting these tickets though.:emot-pray:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I racked up 9200 miles of Roscoe P. Coltrane-free riding on my 300 but made up for it with a 51-in-a-35 on my BMW 2 years ago and a 55-in-a-35 on my Duc last Wednesday. Talked the prosector into a non-reportable "rules violation" and fine on the first one and I'm not in any hurry to find out how bad the second will be so ignorance is bliss with that one for the time being.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got one today at 1750 miles. Guy didn't know how fast I was going and his radar was off but he was pretty sure I was speeding. Wrote it up for reckless driving. I went home and checked my GPS tracker and I was below the limit pretty much the entire stretch (100+ mile ride).

What? He wrote you up for reckless driving without knowing the speed? You should go to the court and tell the judge about it. I'm pretty sure the judge will dismiss the case.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I'm very unlucky....I received three tickets in one stop. illegal lane change, sharing a lane, and crossing double line. officer didn't even speak to me. just handed me the tickets.:confused:
before that I had a clean record. fighting these tickets though.:emot-pray:
Good luck with that, bro. Ride safe!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Uuuh, yeah, fight that. You'll win. Cops give "questionable" tickets all the time knowing most people will just roll over and pay it, don't be that person.

Reactions: Dragonater

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I got a ticket after a year of owning the 300. I was going to some nice turns one day and I brought my dslr and tripod with me to get some video. It was a cold day and I only lived about 5 minutes from the turns so I was going really fast and braking to warm up my tires faster. Well, for the first time ever in my life I saw a cop on this stretch of road sitting on the side and getting peoples speeds. It was already too late as I was going 77 in a 35 and he told me he heard me from a mile away and was ready to clock my speed. He was being nice and said he didn't want me to get my license suspended so he knocked it down to 52 in a 35 which is a 4 point ticket and I got it knocked down to 2 points with the prosecutor and I just have to do a quick driving school test to get the last 2 points knocked off. I had the whole thing on video but I deleted it because I was pissed off lol.

·
Registered
446 Posts
2 in less than 1 year. First was 10 or so over in 40 a few weeks after getting the bike and 1 a few weeks ago I was doing 51 in a 35. Both almost $200 tickets each and both 4 point violations. Went to court on both of them just to take a plea deal to have the points lowered to 2 point violations. It's hard not to push it on our little 300's, how much more a SS! That's one reason I'm tryin to hold off on upgrading cause I don't know if I can discipline myself! :emot-cop: Both times I got pulled over by motorcycle cops. I've passed by cops in their squad cars goin too fast a few times and they just let me go. Prolly thought I would run on them or something. If only they knew..

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well.... as far as i'm concerned... bragging (yeah bragging) about tickets is like bragging about being in jail.
Its only impressive to the losers that are trying to impress someone.
If I had ever gotten a ticket... I would NOT care to tell anyone... it would be too embarrassing to me..... but of course this is IMHO....
My gonads are big enough and my Johnson long enough that I don't have to prove to anyone I can go fast if I want too. I just choose not too, LOL, because I don't want to have to pay for a ticket, i'm a cheap bastige..... :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
I got a ticket after a year of owning the 300. I was going to some nice turns one day and I brought my dslr and tripod with me to get some video. It was a cold day and I only lived about 5 minutes from the turns so I was going really fast and braking to warm up my tires faster. Well, for the first time ever in my life I saw a cop on this stretch of road sitting on the side and getting peoples speeds. It was already too late as I was going 77 in a 35 and he told me he heard me from a mile away and was ready to clock my speed. He was being nice and said he didn't want me to get my license suspended so he knocked it down to 52 in a 35 which is a 4 point ticket and I got it knocked down to 2 points with the prosecutor and I just have to do a quick driving school test to get the last 2 points knocked off. I had the whole thing on video but I deleted it because I was pissed off lol.
Damn dude, you got lucky. Some cops have a special hatred for sportbikes and will try to lay the biggest ticket on you as possible.

I've never gotten a ticket, but I was pulled over once for not signaling properly. I had forgotten to plug the connector for the front left turn signal in after removing the fairing. He was very cool about it, I told him I could fix it right away and he didn't issue a fix-it ticket. He also told me he was surprised I pulled over for him, I guess he's had bad experiences with sportbikes running from him... If only he knew that my 300 wasn't the ultra-high-performance machine he thought it was XD

Reactions: Michael V

·
Super Moderator
2,602 Posts
I racked up 9200 miles of Roscoe P. Coltrane-free riding on my 300 but made up for it with a 51-in-a-35 on my BMW 2 years ago and a 55-in-a-35 on my Duc last Wednesday. Talked the prosector into a non-reportable "rules violation" and fine on the first one and I'm not in any hurry to find out how bad the second will be so ignorance is bliss with that one for the time being.

The husband was popped for 96 in a 40 on his Duc a few years ago. It took an attorney, a fine, agreeing to take both the MSF (again) and the Saturday Defensive Driving (yes, the one with all the drunk drivers) just to keep his license.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Don't know about the motive of the original question... I'm not God, I can't judge people's motives... Neither can you bro... Only He is qualified to do that. But as for my response, my intent is to answer the man's question and share my experience to help somebody else think twice about the way they might be riding so they don't make the same mistakes.

Well.... as far as i'm concerned... bragging (yeah bragging) about tickets is like bragging about being in jail.
If I had ever gotten a ticket... I would NOT care to tell anyone... it would be too embarrassing to me..... but of course this is IMHO....
My gonads are big enough and my Johnson long enough that I don't have to prove to anyone I can go fast if I want too. I just choose not too, LOL, because I don't want to have to pay for a ticket, i'm a cheap bastige..... :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's always nice when an otherworldly being takes time from their busy day to brag (yes brag) about their supernatural awesomeness while simultaneously condescending to and judging the lesser folks from their high altitude equine platform. It really adds so much to the conversation.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Don't know about the motive of the original question... I'm not God, I can't judge people's motives... Neither can you bro... Only He is qualified to do that. But as for my response, my intent is to answer the man's question and share my experience to help somebody else think twice about the way they might be riding so they don't make the same mistakes.
What's with the religious moralizing? You can ALWAYS question motives...even those from someone's 'god'. ;) Your brain is for thinking, not blind submission to authority. It's ok to judge...but we should all strive to be better, fairer judges.

Reactions: markszabo

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I don't think anyone in this thread is bragging or saying their ticket means they're awesome. I had my share of stupid moments and tickets when I first started riding, and I definitely rode with the wrong crowd (in terms of racing and speeding), but I realized that was stupid and stopped. As long as you learn life's lessons, hopefully before really fucking up.

Dave

1 - 20 of 63 Posts