Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I want to wash my bike for the first time to give it a even nicer clean finish. I dont want to use the hose and all being that im scared i would invite rust to start coming in the future. Have you used this product on your 300? How does it work? I just picked up some microfibers and 35oz of the "speed shine" from advanced auto. Would you recommened it? or will it hurt the paint? :confused:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It depends how dirty the bike is before you wash it.

Griot's Speed Shine is a "quick detailer", so it's good for dust and light dirt. If you start wiping the bike down while it's covered in grime, you're going to end up marring the paint.

I use a similar product called Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine for when the bike is just looking a bit dusty. But for anything beyond that, I wash my bike the same way I wash my car: With a garden hose, a bucket of soapy water and a wash mitt*

*Plus a whole whack load of other products that I won't even start getting into.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends how dirty the bike is before you wash it.

Griot's Speed Shine is a "quick detailer", so it's good for dust and light dirt. If you start wiping the bike down while it's covered in grime, you're going to end up marring the paint.

I use a similar product called Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine for when the bike is just looking a bit dusty. But for anything beyond that, I wash my bike the same way I wash my car: With a garden hose, a bucket of soapy water and a wash mitt*

*Plus a whole whack load of other products that I won't even start getting into.
I'll have to try that way you mentioned, the "conventional" way, which i dont have a problem doing, I'm not sure why im fearing rust so much. I think with the wash mitt it would look really nice after then with some polish and a nice wax. Seems like a happy 300 to me! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts