Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been having an issue with my turn signal for about 2 weeks now and can’t find ANYTHING about it online.

Everything on the bike is stock, OEM relay etc.

Basically, no bulbs are burnt out, and the right side flashes fine, but the left side stays solid unless I give the bike throttle... If I’m sitting stationary it’ll stay solid but if I rev it it’ll start blinking (and stay blinking until I turn it off). Not too big of an issue cause it always works while I’m actually riding, but I really would like to get to the bottom of this!

Already checked the wiring and it’s all perfect. Bike has been garage stored with only 6k KM.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Maybe when the bike idles it vibrates more and makes a connection to fail? Which left signal stays solid? both? If one stays solid, chances are that the other is off, so you may have a bad connection on the bulb socket or the connector between the bulb and the main harness.

I've had both issues. One rear socket is not perfect and some times makes a false contact. And one front turn connector gives me trouble too and I have to squeeze it in to start working again.

You can also try adjusting the idle a bit to trick it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe when the bike idles it vibrates more and makes a connection to fail? Which left signal stays solid? both? If one stays solid, chances are that the other is off, so you may have a bad connection on the bulb socket or the connector between the bulb and the main harness.

I've had both issues. One rear socket is not perfect and some times makes a false contact. And one front turn connector gives me trouble too and I have to squeeze it in to start working again.

You can also try adjusting the idle a bit to trick it.
It’s just the rear bulb that doesn’t turn on when the turn signal indicator is solid, so I really think a lose connection is the issue as well. It just weird cause if I’m cruising without throttle it won’t blink (clutch in, no vibrations) and then rev it then it’ll start to blink. It’s not burnt out but I read that if any of the signal lights won’t turn on then that specific side won’t blink. Thinking I’ll just do the TST integrated taillight (want it anyway) and hope that it kills two birds with one stone.

Would a video help at all or not really needed for this?

·
Registered
408 Posts
It won't hurt to test the relay first. But if both left signals blink when riding at low revs, I guess the relay should be good. False contacts are common, especially on the stock bulb sockets.

You can try a different bulb too. It may fit firmer on the socket and eliminate the problem, if that is it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts