Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the city, so when I noticed Scorpio was offering $120 off their alarms on their website this past week I decided to order one. I was curious if anyone had installed one of the RLink's or another scorpio alarm in a Ninja 300 yet?

Scorpio seems to offer OEM connector kits for a bunch of Kawasaki models but the Ninja 300 isn't listed. The closest I could find was a 2009 Ninja 250R connector. I know alot on the Ninja was changed for the 300 model and wasn't sure if the 250 connector would work. Anyone have any input?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Havent heard anything from them yet, but may be another case of they havent gotten a 300 to check vs the 250R.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just finished the install of my Scorpio r-link sr-i1100se alarm this past weekend. I took my time installing it and trying to make it look as stock as possible. I'd take some photos but I don't want to go showing off how to disarm it on the internet ;)

Instead I'll just talk about the alarm install for a min.

1) Included with the alarm was a perimeter sensor, main control unit, GPS Antenna and RFID antenna.

2) Finding places to put all the items above was difficult, each item had a cord length that varied and instructions on optimal placement. And there wasn't a whole lot of places on the Ninja 300 to fit all the items.

3) "RLink" logo and glowing LED lights on the main control unit made it draw too much attention in my opinion. The main control unit is the largest thing in the alarm and the most difficult item to place.

4) Installation was easy once I figured out where to place everything. I used the factory wiring connector from a 2009 Ninja 250 and it worked perfectly.

Over all I'm pretty happy with the alarm, I'm confident most thieves won't be able to spot the aftermarket addition at quick glance...I just didn't like where I had to install the main control module due to it's size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts