Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros? Cons?

I am looking to using this bike as a daily commuter for work (except for when I pick up my son IMMEDIATELY after work).

I live in VA so the weather is pretty bipolar here. Anyways, I went on a joy ride (75miles) with my buddies Sunday and my hands were so cold it felt like they were being smashed by bricks.

I am getting better gloves (ones specifically for winter riding... the ones I have right now breathe too much for winter riding) but I was also thinking about getting some handguards put on (if they even have any for the 300).

What are your thoughts on them? Will they really benefit me enough during the winter to bother adding them on?

· Registered
1,001 Posts
My thoughts are gonna be the typical aesthetic appeal statement...
I think hand guards are hideous.

I know they serve a purpose but honestly with proper gloves (as you stated your purchasing) I think you'll be just fine.

Most look as if they were ripped off an ATV, :p
Another option is heated hand grips, I know some northern riders have mentioned them as well..

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't allowed to purchase anymore things (thanks to christmas) for the past few weeks, because I was apparently getting nice leather gloves. Well, leave it to my mother, she bought me some great gloves. Summertime gloves. I could care less about what people think of the appearance of MY bike (it's mine, you don't like it? get your own and do something else! lol).

I know they aren't the best looking things, which is why I would only have them on during winter months and remove them for when the weather gets better.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Wasn't trying to make ya feisty about the whole looks think,
you asked opinions, I just provided mine and other alternate options :p

Regardless, cold hands suck...so whatever you decide I hope it works out for ya.

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, not being feisty... that's just the way I talk. Half the time people think I'm upset when I'm actually laughing on the other side of the screen.

That's why I said I agree with they aren't the best looking things, but I feel the benefit could possibly overtake the cosmetics. Looking to see if anyone can actually confirm that they will improve the hand warmth enough to purchase it for just that feature or if it's just for protection of debris or whatever.

· Banned
1,753 Posts
Heated gloves by Gerbings and you can add a jacket liner to that, and pants and even socks too as you wish. Modular ststem, works great. I recommend their "heat troller" to regulate the heat. A on/off switch works but they get very hot very fast.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
theres a number of aftermarket heated grips around, fireup google and be pleasantly surprised.

you might be clever enough to be able to get a set from a BMW and modify it to fit the 300. the bmw ones work magic and have 2 heat settings, well it did on my K1200LTSE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.