Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Didn't even realize there was a tri cities group! I'm going to check this out for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went over to the dark side and grabbed R3 instead :)

I tried joining the Origins GTA group but they never accepted my Request.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I second Dave. The 250 origins GTA group is great. We did a niagra ride just yesterday. Great turnout!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/599320063427263/

As you can see, they aren't all ninjas. But the rider mentality is aimed at those who are new to riding, and those who aren't a fan of losing their license. Yesterdays ride had some nice twisties, great scenery, and the group stayed together quite well. Good rider discipline in these group rides, and great company. I'm the 3rd bike in, Ninja 300 SE Moondust 2013, 18K kms

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I second Dave. The 250 origins GTA group is great. We did a niagra ride just yesterday. Great turnout!

As you can see, they aren't all ninjas. But the rider mentality is aimed at those who are new to riding, and those who aren't a fan of losing their license. Yesterdays ride had some nice twisties, great scenery, and the group stayed together quite well. Good rider discipline in these group rides, and great company. I'm the 3rd bike in, Ninja 300 SE Moondust 2013, 18K kms
No one crashed? That's a first

·
Registered
286 Posts
I"m up for a group ride whenever but don't do lamebook, if anyone wants to pm me on this site when the next ride is up...that would be cool.

Thanks

bigjdoberman

·
Registered
62 Posts

Sounds like a great group of guys to ride with.

I"m up for a group ride whenever but don't do lamebook, if anyone wants to pm me on this site when the next ride is up...that would be cool.

Thanks

bigjdoberman
I also do not like FB unfortunately otherwise I would join that group if there was another way?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
No one crashed? That's a first
I've been on 2 rides with that group now. No crashes that I've seen personally. There should be no reason for crashes either: the ride was pretty tame and everyone was instructed to go at their own pace. Those who wanted more freedom to go a bit faster were shifted to the front. But with that said, I was mostly riding in 3rd position and I wasn't hustling hard like I have needed to in some of my wilder group rides (other group/forum).

Example: at one point a random guy on a GSXR tried joining us. We tried to wave him past but he really wanted to join. The group started following a car that was going maybe 5 over. The impatient GSXR rider got bored, pulled out, and wheelied past us all, never to be seen again. With a mantra of keeping the group together rather than encouraging overtakes, the ride was very safe and controlled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like a great group, just what I I'm looking for, nothing too crazy, no asking for trouble, hopefully I'll join you guys soon.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I've been on 2 rides with that group now. No crashes that I've seen personally. There should be no reason for crashes either: the ride was pretty tame and everyone was instructed to go at their own pace. Those who wanted more freedom to go a bit faster were shifted to the front. But with that said, I was mostly riding in 3rd position and I wasn't hustling hard like I have needed to in some of my wilder group rides (other group/forum).

Example: at one point a random guy on a GSXR tried joining us. We tried to wave him past but he really wanted to join. The group started following a car that was going maybe 5 over. The impatient GSXR rider got bored, pulled out, and wheelied past us all, never to be seen again. With a mantra of keeping the group together rather than encouraging overtakes, the ride was very safe and controlled.
you weren't in it last year. Just because they don't go fast doesn't mean they don't crash. lol

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Touche haha. Yea, i suppose I'm not really surprised there will be some crashes on any group ride that involves new riders, or just people pushing their limits. Which is why I prefer to be near the front, but not the top 2 spots :p

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Touche haha. Yea, i suppose I'm not really surprised there will be some crashes on any group ride that involves new riders, or just people pushing their limits. Which is why I prefer to be near the front, but not the top 2 spots :p
the best is the back. where they can't rear end you and you can watch the carnage.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So wait. You guys won't go 5km over the speed limit or pass cars? Sounds like the worst group ride ever.

I'm not saying blast 40 over the limit but you go faster in your car everyday than 5km over.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts