Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these mod's on the 250's. There are lots of videos on youtube.
I think that the short gsxr pipe looks great and it will be easy for me to modify it and use it as a slip on without any damage to the bike or stock muffler. I'm just concerned about performance, particularly at high RPM. Any advice? Should I give it a go?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Without damage to the stock muffler? I though they had to cut the connectors from the stock muffler off and weld them onto the GSXR muffler?

It may look good but there is just something about swapping brand parts that I will never understand haha.. Kinda like poeople putting Acura emblems on a Honda and so on haha..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would take some work, I would buy a matching pipe to fit over the stock mid pipe and weld it to the body of the gsxr muffler. Then use it just like a slip on with the same hardware to take it on and off.

Actually I'm getting exhausted just thinking about and I haven't even got the part in my shop. Maybe I'll give this one a miss. No need to ruin a lovely bike.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Without damage to the stock muffler? I though they had to cut the connectors from the stock muffler off and weld them onto the GSXR muffler?

It may look good but there is just something about swapping brand parts that I will never understand haha.. Kinda like poeople putting Acura emblems on a Honda and so on haha..
Well, technically Acura is Honda =P

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feared that it would be Ghetto load, but then I suppose its a fairly ghetto project to begin with. Does look great though.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I think it sounds good as a track bike or even a weekend warrior bike, but as a daily rider it would be annoying as heck haha..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
As just a straight swap on?? Probably a loss in performance, because it looks just just be a fancy tip bolted onto the header.. With a power commander, there should be a gain..

·
Registered
554 Posts

Actually putting a Honda badge on an Acura makes sense because it is a Honda in another country. Putting a GSXR badge/part on a Ninja 300 makes less sense. It would be like putting a Ferrari badge on my Honda Civic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts