Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be getting a ninja 300 at the beginning of summer when the weather warms up (its still snowing here) Since I've been in the market for my first bike for a while I've been harassing my local bike shop for months. The other day I got to sit on a 300 for the first time and I absolutely fell in love, I'm already shopping for accessories :D Are there any modifications that you guys would recommend?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Welcome!!

The first mod I would recommend doing, is changing the front sprocket from a 14 tooth to a 15 tooth sprocket. You can probably arrange for them to do this before you even pick it up. In stock form, the first gear on this bike is pretty useless in my opinion. The bigger gearing wont cause you to lose any acceleration aspects at all, it will just slightly stretch your gears a little longer, but especially noticeable in first gear.

Apart for the rest, it is really down to personal tastes, level of experience riding and mechanical/technical knowledge to be able to perform some of the modifications. Blacking out the windscreen is also another very popular first mod, and is very simple.

Apart from that as time goes you will see little nuances and bits that you wanna fix up or change and mod accordingly.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Full gear, riding experience\class, practice, then mod. New better tires, tune suspension to your weight if needed, upgrade brakes when needed. Welcome aboard!

Reactions: Crimsonwolf

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys and gals! I'm scheduled to take my MSF course next month I'm stoked. I'm definitely going to invest in good gear, my buddy recently totaled his R6 and having the right gear saved his life so I'm not going to skimp on gear. As far as the mods go I probably won't do anything mechanical until I've had some time on the bike, thanks for all of your suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts