Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thinking when I get my bike of installing a GPS/GSM tracker with an alarm/immobiliser. Anyone had any experience with installing these and how practical it would be?

For the battery, I understand it would be a constant drain, but the bike is an everyday commuter to and from work, so I hope it shouldn't be too bad?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Hey guys, thinking when I get my bike of installing a GPS/GSM tracker with an alarm/immobiliser. Anyone had any experience with installing these and how practical it would be?

For the battery, I understand it would be a constant drain, but the bike is an everyday commuter to and from work, so I hope it shouldn't be too bad?

Which ones are you looking at? I'm in the market myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which ones are you looking at? I'm in the market myself.
I've had a look at eBay a lone to be honest. You can get simple GSM trackers for $15 but spend a little more $50-70 and you can get ones with remote start, kill switch, alarm and motion sensor.

Here's a few Im looking to decide on:

Simple GPS only with SMS Status Updates:

Http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321346621777

Little more sophisticated:

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/271412103494?nav=SEARCH

Also need to look into a Prepaid simcard with low cost to keep it running...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, thinking when I get my bike of installing a miniature GPS tracker with alarm. Anyone had any experience with installing these and how practical it would be?

The Spybike and spytec trackers are GPS with a separate built-in battery. They do not rely on motorcycle batteries. You need to charge them regularly, the battery life of these devices can last for two weeks or more, and the accuracy of the tracking is generally good enough for our purposes. The instructions included are clear and easy to complete the installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts